Chapter 52: Meeting with the Devil (Voldemort)

Začať od začiatku

While Adelaide was forming new friendships and strengthening her old ones (Sirius and James had also written to her, though the latter's main intention was getting Lily's address for sending her letters, but Adelaide decided not to help him), her relationship with William was getting more complex as the war had grown worse and his father wasn't really doing anything and even let slip that he didn't care for muggles and all, he was clearly hiding something from her, a prospect that hurt and pained her as she though of it as a lack of trust on his part. Though he assured her that he loved and trusted her greatly, she felt worse and whenever she questioned him more, he would write angrily to her to stop it and thought he apologised, he was clearly doing something. The same happened with her friendship with Severus, and when she connected those two together, she understood that it was because they had grown really interested in dark arts and were clearly practicing it, as Severus let it slip what he was doing with Mulciber when he visited him. While Adelaide begged both of them to not do anything and pause whatever they were doing, Severus ignored her and William didn't lie to her again, but told her to not interfere in his business.

Adelaide and her family were invited to a muggle wedding, that was happening at a venue in the west of England. A man from a muggle nobility was marrying and they were invited to it. All of them were attending and Adelaide was getting ready in her room. Martha had sewn her a long gown that reached her ankles and was blue with gold threads on it. The dress had mid-length sleeves and had a square neckline that showed her beautiful pendant. She also had her hair loose with a pearl headband. She was also given heels to wear, and since it was her first time wearing them, she was horrible at walking with them and was loosing her balance and she felt her feet hurt after five minutes in those shoes.

"Practice so that you wouldn't make a fool of yourself and since i had worked my arse off on this dress, don't forget to pay absolute attention to what you're doing with it. A single tear and you'll see." Martha threatened her coolly, even though Adelaide knew she was jesting, a part of her knew that she was not lying.

"But these shoes are killing me already."

"Well, you need to start wearing heals from somewhere, we don't have other heels in this house to suit you at the moment, so that's that." She replied as she quickly exited her room.

Adelaide wobbled to the sitting room, careful not to trip on the stairs, while Victoria made fun of her. Victoria was wearing an off-shoulder red dress made from lace and she was also wearing heels. Her hair was in a black snood. Elizabeth was wearing a pink dress that was long sleeved and made from soft lace beautiful white gems were on her skirt while her hair was curled and hanging loose with her bangs straight, unlike her usual up do. Helena was wearing a lace green dress with short sleeves that was a bit longer than her knees with flats, something that Adelaide envied. Edmund was in a crisp shirt and pants with a bowtie, which made him cute.

"My, you walk as if you have constipation. Walk naturally." Victoria mocked her.

"No, No, Toria. She walks as if she has diarrhoea!" Edmund laughed as he high-fived Victoria, earning a glare from Adelaide.

"You forgot how you, yourself used to walk on heels for the first few times. You reminded me of a camel walking on thorns." Adelaide countered, her mood awful.

"See, gather your skirt like this, if it's annoying you and put your foot straight." Elizabeth advised her as Adelaide headed her advice. "Now, that's better. You'll get better with practice."

"I suppose wearing army boots might as well as be more comfortable than these."

"Hurry up children, it will get late." Robert said as he walked in the sitting room with his black suit on with a tie on.