South // First Glance

Start from the beginning

"Ouch, boss! Why?" Shion hissed as he rubbed his throbbing head.

"You're staring too much. Do you know her or not?"

"I—I don't know her, but I can ask around."

"Tss... Let me know her name within an hour, or you all will eat dirt."

"I—yes! I'm going... We're going to ask around." Shion gestured for his gang members to follow him. They all bowed at South and followed Shion, leaving the tall, muscular man, finishing his cigarette.

EXACTLY ONE HOUR LATER

"Boss, her name is y/n, l/n, junior, and she's in class 2-C," Shion reported.

"y/n, huh? So she's a year younger..." South whispered. Shion widened his eyes when he saw his boss smile... not just a simple smile, but a gentle smile.

No. I am just seeing things. Boss, smiling? That's impossible! Shion thought and shook his head.

"Did she do you wrong, boss? Do we need to teach her a lesson?" Suneo froze from his spot when South glared at him, sending shivers all over his body.

"Listen all of you! Do not touch her. Do not talk to her, and do not spare even a glance at her! Do you understand?"

"Yes, boss," his gang said in unison.

"Good."

They all bowed and were about to leave when South said something, causing all the members to halt. "Oh, and tomorrow, we will attend class."

"WHAT?!"

•••

The next day, South went to school with a bag in his hand, which shocked the whole class. It is a rare sight to see South attend class, like really attend class. Most of the time, he goes to school just to cut class and sometimes cause disturbances.

Everyone suddenly shut their mouths as the leader of Rokuhara Tandai walked in the hallway of the school building. It is no secret that South is a troubled student. He prefers to cut class, cause trouble, and start fights. Even the teachers have already accepted that he has no hope for a brighter future.

"This is new. Our boss went to school of his own free will?" Ryoga whispered beside Suneo.

"Maybe he had a change of heart," Suneo responded.

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe he wanted a future after all."

"What?! Then what will happen to our gang?" Ryoga whispered.

They all, without warning, came to a halt when South suddenly stopped his tracks. It was so sudden that it caused Ryoga to almost bump into their leader's back. Luckily, he has such quick reflexes that he immediately balanced himself.

"Boss?" Shion peers from South's back and sees that their leader is now stiff as a statue while standing straight. Shion follows where his boss is staring and sees you walking towards them. His members also observe what's happening, as they are all confused by their boss' strange action.

"Does she have a death wish?" one of the members whispered almost inaudibly. It is known in their school that no one should get into South's space, especially when he's walking. That's why students stop whatever they are doing to make way for South and his gang members.

As you were about to approach them, South unconsciously dropped his notebook from his hand. You halted in front of the tall lad, which caused a loud gasp from his members as well as from the students who were watching around.