Mikey // Borrowed Time

tw: self harm.

"The sun will be setting, sit close to me. It's okay to be afraid."

You were at the waiting area of the hospital, Minding your own business while munching a dorayaki when someone sits beside you, You look to your side and see a white-haired male, His body is thin and looks tired

"Hi!" You said with a smile.

He just looked at you with a blank expression. You noticed that his under eyes are too dark. it seems like he was having a hard time sleeping.

"Are you here for a check-up or you're visiting someone?"

He ignored you. Usually, you'll leave them alone if you feel like they don't want to talk but there's something in his pitch-black eyes that you can't shrug. Are you curious? Maybe.

You look at your other side and remember that you have an extra dorayaki. You bought two so you can eat one later.

You get the bag and face the male again. "Hi! Do you want some? This is the best dorayaki in town!"

Hesitant, the male accepts your offer. Dorayaki must be his favorite. you said to yourself.

"I'm y/n!" You extended your hands. you leaned forward a little. "Don't fall for me," You said and whispered the next word. "I'm dying." You said it so casually that made the white-haired male widen his eyes. "Kidding!" You chuckled. "But the dying part, no." You look down but still smile like you already accepted your fate. "Good old cancer."

He stares at you for a while, thinking if you're really sick or just out of your mind. "Mikey." he accepts your handshake.

And with that simple conversation, the snobby and quiet male became your friend. He started to visit you at the hospital once a week, just to check if you're doing fine.

Once a week became twice... Twice became four times and eventually, he visits you every day. You don't fully understand why both of you clicked together, maybe because you share the same feeling.

you were both losing your will to survive.

You've learned that he lost five of the most important people in his life. he is afraid to sleep because every time he closes his eyes the image of people he failed to protect flashes in his mind.

You, on the other hand, are afraid to close your eyes, thinking that if you close them you won't be able to see the sunrise again.

Well, Misery loves company eh?

Destiny really played a sick trick again. They let both of you meet and worst, you're falling for him.

"Why now?" You said, looking at the blue sky. You sneak out of your room because you're sick of lying on the same bed every day, doing nothing. The sound of the machine, the nurse's footsteps and the dripping sound of your dextrose is making you anxious. That's why you went to the rooftop hoping that the calmness of the views will clear your mind.

You're scared. you can't find the perfect word to describe how scared you are of dying. it's not the physical pain that you're scared about, it's the pain that you will cause for the people that you will leave behind.

But to see your parents having a hard time, earning money just to extend your life hurts you the most. this makes you think that maybe its better to die, yes maybe you'll cause them pain but time will heal them and they can move on with their lives.

You already know that even if they poke you a thousand times, make you drink countless tablets, you're dying.

Death is inevitable. it's painful but nothing, even the most expensive medicines will stop this from happening.

"Thought I might find you here." A familiar voice said. You turn around, the wind blew your hair so you hold them away from your face.

"You can read me, like a book." You said and smiled.

The male walks towards you and leans his body to the railings. He's watching the view. "It feels peaceful here." He said.

"Yeah." You lean back to the railings.

There is silence for a while, you both watch the scenery in peace.

"I like you, y/n," Mikey said out of the blue, you snap your head in his direction.

You hummed and paused for a while. "I told you don't fall for me" You let out an awkward laugh. "you lost so much people that you cherish and you know that I only have a borrowed time."

The white-haired male didn't respond. "I don't want to leave you blaming yourself because you failed to protect me."

"I know." He said. "But I will blame myself more if I don't tell you how I feel. I know you feel the same y/n."

"I'm that easy to read eh?"

"Yeah."

Mikey faces you and you did the same. "If you hold my hand, I won't let go," he said and extend his hands to you.

"Life is short... Literally. so, hell yeah!" You chuckled and held his hand.

"It's okay to be afraid, y/n." The white-haired male said to you. The wind of the cold night brushes your cheeks. You smiled at him and look around, the night sky seems peaceful and the city lights are twinkling below like Christmas lights.

"I promise you won't be alone." He added as he touched your hands. You held them and squeezed them tight. You then suddenly cough, you cover your mouth with your other hand and after several coughs, you remove them only to see blood on your palm. It feels warm.

"Are you ready?" He asked. you stared at his beautiful face. A face of a fallen angel.

"Yes." You replied with a smile. You trace his face with your finger. "I'm grateful that the remaining moments of my life, you're here... by my side, Mikey."

Mikey leans close and kisses your forehead. His warm lips press on your forehead so hard that you can feel them shaking. My love is crying.

"Close your eyes, Love," Mikey said and you obliged.

With both of you, holding each other's hands. You both let your fragile body fall on top of the building like a bird that's learning to fly.

"Together until the end," Mikey said, staring at your face.

"Together until the end." You repeated with a smile.

End

This one shot is inspired by the song When the sky starts falling

This one shot is inspired by the song When the sky starts falling. it's been a while since I wrote an angst one hehe

Someone requested a Mikey angst (I can't find the comment.) if you're the one who requested it, this oneshot is for you <33

(ɔ◔‿◔)ɔ ♥