Chapter 11 Prince Rui Mansion

Start from the beginning

"What's weird?" Xingyun could only hear the chirping of insects in his ears, and in his eyes could only see the shadows of flowers, plants and trees under the moonlight, which was no different from an ordinary night. Shen Li waved her hand and caught something in her palm. Her voice was slightly condensed: "I didn't realize during the day that there are so many unformed demon spirits in Prince Rui's Mansion."

Xingyun raised his eyebrows, pulled out his wrist when Shen Li wasn't paying attention, and stepped out of the pavilion. Before Shen Li could stop him, he stretched out his arms and took two steps, turned around and said to Shen Li: "This is…. There is no malicious intent. Although I can't see the so-called demon spirit, I can probably feel the aura here. Shen Li, you are worrying too much."

It wasn't that Shen Li was overly worried, but because Xingyun couldn't see it, he didn't know that the sky and the earth here were filled with spheres emitting shimmering light, like fireflies on a midsummer night, covering the sky and lighting up with the moonlight. Every corner of the garden. He didn't know that the moment he opened his arms, he was like a god revered by mortals in the world, embracing the most beautiful light, which was so dazzling that Shen Li squinted her eyes and lost consciousness slightly.

This man was the one who woke her up from the chaotic nightmare, the one who held an umbrella for her on the embankment in the misty drizzle, the one who closed her eyes and took a nap under the sunlight filtering through the grape trellis. He was obviously weaker than her. There are few people who can make her feel at ease. Such people...

"Let's go." Xingyun stretched out his hand to Shen Li two steps away, "If you are afraid, I will hold your hand."

He really treated her like a woman, and he didn’t even look at her...

Shen Li held his hand and pulled him forward two steps with a strong force. Before Xingyun could stand still, Shen Li grabbed him by the skirt of his clothes. Xingyun looked up at Shen Li in confusion, "What's going on here?"

"You don't even look at who is standing in front of you."

Xingyun was stunned for a long time, then smiled helplessly: "Yes, Bicang Lord Shen Li, it's my fault, I underestimated you..."

"Listen carefully, I want to tell you something." Shen Li did not listen to Xingyun's words, but stared at him intently, and said seriously, "I probably have a crush on you."

The sound of insects continued, but Shen Li's words made Xingyun's ears silent for a long time. He stared at Shen Li intently, then grinned and smiled: "Ha.., I got it, let's go."

He... is he playing with her? What's the matter with such a perfunctory... such an answer that can't even be considered perfunctory! And that smile! What a smile that is! Even ridicule is more complimentary than it!

Shen Li's hand holding the hem of Xingyun's clothes trembled for a moment. Before she could express the anger in her heart, her nose twitched suddenly, and a faint breath floated through the air. Shen Li immediately restrained all her emotions and her whole body became tense, on alert.

It’s demonic energy. It's very subtle but cannot be ignored. Shen Li let go of Xingyun's clothes and looked up at the night sky. The little demon spirits flying in the small courtyard blocked her sight. She only smelled it for a moment and vaguely realized that it was coming from the southeast, but when she waited and looked closer, the breath was nowhere to be found.

Shen Li frowned slightly. This demonic aura was not like the aura emitted by the pursuers of the demon world. It was a bit unusual...

Just as she was thinking about it, suddenly there was a movement of breath around her. The little demon spirits, who were originally white light balls, seemed to be invaded by some kind of breath. They all paused in the air and stopped moving. Shen Li felt bad and hurriedly pulled Xingyun to her. Behind her, the mana all over her body spread out, shaking away the demon spirits around her, but she saw those light groups floating in the air, slowly starting to tremble, and then gradually turned blood red from the inside out.