Chapter 9 Prince Rui

Why did Shen Li accompany him? It was because of the trouble. How could there not be a killer lurking around in the days after that? The Crown Prince was angry, so there was no reason not to get him back. However, he would not let the Emperor know about his coming to seek divination, so of course he would do it secretly if he wanted to kill Shen Li and Xing Yun.

Yesterday, it was obvious to everyone that Xing Yun was not good at martial arts, and Shen Li was the only one who was the biggest threat. The killers sent by the Crown Prince would not be fools. He will take one life first and then talk about it.

How could Xing Yun not understand the joints between them? Naturally, he had to pull Shen Li along all the time.

However, Shen Li frowned when she saw the words on the lintel: "Prince Rui's Mansion?"

Xing Yun nodded: "The emperor has seven sons, and the prince is the eldest son. This Prince Rui is the eldest son of a concubine, but his concubine mother is now in great glory, and behind them there are many powerful families rooted in the court. If you want to talk about who, he is the only one who can stand up to the crown prince."

Shen Li was stunned when she heard this: "You usually seem indifferent, but you know these things clearly."

"Before last night, I really didn't know anything." Xing Yun smiled lightly, "But if you want to deal with people, you have to make some preparations." As soon as Xing Yun finished speaking, he suddenly heard the sound of whips coming from the corner of the street. This was the Qingdao, the sound of the whip stopped at the corner of the palace gate. After a while, a carriage slowly drove over under the escort of guards. Xing Yun walked forward slowly and raised his voice: "Alchemist Xing Yun asks to see Prince Rui!"

There was silence in the carriage for a while: "Alchemist?" The hoarse voice was not pleasant, and he seemed to sneer twice, "What a bold alchemist, do you know that what I hate most in this world is you, those who cheat and deceive the public with your evil words? So does this prince."

Xing Yun smiled: "In that case, Your Highness, you can call me a counsellor. I have a plan that I would like to offer to Your Highness, which can help Your Highness achieve your plan. What do you think of it, Your Highness?"

"Why do I believe you?"

"The prince tried to find this plan last night but failed..." Xing Yun said half a sentence before he smiled and said, "If your highness is interested, I may as well come to the mansion to discuss it."

The curtain of the carriage opened, and a man in purple and brocade clothes stepped out of the carriage. He was tall and handsome, but his face was scratched by something unknown. A scar extended from the left side of his forehead to the corner of his mouth. He looked ferocious and terrifying. .

Shen Li thought to herself that the current emperor must have done something outrageous and resentful, so it was all retribution on his son...

Prince Rui looked Xing Yun up and down, then glanced at Shen Li beside him, and said in a hoarse voice: "Take them to the backyard."

The palace is huge, with many pavilions and courtyards. Shen Li grew up in the barren mountains and rivers of the Demon Realm, adjacent to the Xutian Abyss. It is said that the Xutian Abyss is suppressed by evil ghosts and beasts who have done all kinds of evil. The evil spirit is always overflowing, and the demon world is covered with fog and miasma, and the sky is not seen all year round. Not even a blade of grass grew in the Demon Lord's Mansion, let alone the flowers in the yard and the sparkling water in the lake. 

But this place is big. Just one side hall is much bigger than Xing Yun's small courtyard. It is also extremely beautiful, with carved beams and painted buildings that make people's eyes dizzying. But, somehow Shen Li didn't like it here. There is a sense of death and depression everywhere. It's not that the scenery is bad, but that the scenery is too deliberately drawn to cover up the hearts of the people in the room. It's not as comfortable as the small courtyard in Xing Yun, or even as free as the wasteland of the demon world.