[2] ᴡʜᴏ ᴀᴍ ɪ?

In the heart of a magnificent palace decorated with intricate carvings and gilded accents, lied the bed chamber of a princess.

The chamber was bathed in the soft glow of flickering lanterns, their warm light casting shadows across the intricate walls that were decorated with golden coloured patterns.

The air was heavy with the scent of fragrant incense, mingling with the sweet aroma of freshly bloomed flowers that found themselves in every corner.

Golden lanterns suspended from the ceiling casted shimmering reflections upon the polished floors. Intricately carved screens and lacquered cabinets lined the walls, housing treasures of jade and porcelain.

Fitting belongings for a princess.

A lavish canopy bed, draped in sumptuous silks, took center stage, its towering pillars reaching towards the heavens. Soft cushions and plush pillows had been arranged with meticulous care.

As the delicate curtains of the bed swayed gently in a breeze of mysterious origins, it revealed a glimpse of a figure nestled within the cocoon of luxurious linens. A young girl with hair as white as freshly fallen snow, her features serene in the embrace of slumber.

Her loose hair sprawled around her head, framing her delicate features with an ethereal glow reflecting from the pale strands.

Her lashes fluttered softly against her cheeks, her lips curved into a serene smile that spoke of what must've been lovely dreams.

The little princess blinked her eyes open, revealing irises of precious gold.

She blinked once more, then two more times.

And then she immediately sat up, her expression twisting into that of confusion and panic.

Frantically, she looked down at herself, taking notice of the unfamiliar garments that covered her body. A flowing thin robe of white silk embroidered with golden flowers. She furrowed her brow in confusion, her mind racing to make sense of her surroundings.

"Is this..is this some type of weird hospital?" she whispered, her voice trembling with apprehension. But as she took stock of her body, she realized that she felt no pain, no lingering ache or discomfort that would've definitely been there after such an accident.

"..I must be dead then..is this my afterlife?"

With a shaky breath, she pushed herself to move off the bed, her eyes darting around the room in search of answers.

As she examined her surroundings more closely, she noticed the intricate carvings adorning the walls and the elegant furnishings that filled the space.

"It's like one of those historical palaces..that would explain these clothes." She looked back down at herself, then came to notice something peculiar.

Her body felt different, smaller somehow. Her limbs felt lighter, her movements more agile. It was as if she suddenly had a body that was well cared for.

..Her skin was paler.
She lifted a hand up to the lanterns above. The skin was smooth and her fingers were delicate and slender.

That wasn't her hand.

A strand of hair fell over her eyes, and her sight was met with the white colour.