"Fuck off JJ, you're never gonna get her." Rafe spits.

"Oh I'm so scared." JJ laughs a little too much, basically mocking Rafe.

I look to Rafe to see his reaction and his fists are clenched, his eyes have a cold look and he's huffing.

"No." I say to him.

"Shit." JJ says, feeling the sweat on his head as he gets up from the chair and grabs his shirt, wiping it off.

As he does, his chest is revealed and me and Rafe both look at eachother and I sigh. He had bruises all over his torso.

"Fucking hell." Rafe says.

JJ looks back up to us, realising what we just saw.

"JJ what the hell-" I say, looking at him with a sad face.

"No just- stop being emotional, its fine, okay?" he says, trying to contain himself.

"I mean I brought these, let's just smoke it off." he says, placing the pre-rolls on the desk as we both watch him.

"Fuck, where's my lighter." JJ says, patting his trousers as a tear drops from his eye.

I walk towards him, instantly pulling him in for a hug. It hurt to see him like this. He resists at first, but then he warms up into the hug and wraps his arms around me as I feel droplets of his tears fall onto my shoulder.

"I can't take him anymore." he chokes.

"I was gonna kill him-"

"Shh, it's okay." I reassure him.

I look to Rafe whilst we're hugging, and I see him pull out something from my cupboard. I wondered what he was doing, but I see him taking out rubbing alcohol. JJ starts pulling away from the hug as he calms himself down.

"Put this on the bruises." Rafe says, giving JJ the bottle of rubbing alcohol.

"Thanks." JJ says, placing the bottle on the desk and not listening to him.

"I'm trying to help." Rafe huffs.

"How do I know you haven't put something in this?" he genuinely asks.

"JJ." I say, a little giggle coming out.

"Fine." he says, picking up the bottle.

"Aren't you gonna help me put it on?" he looks at Rafe sarcastically with puppy dog eyes as I laugh.

"Hell no." Rafe scoffs.

"Your loss." JJ shrugs, placing some alcohol on his bruises as he winces.

We stand there in an awkward silence after JJ finishes rubbing the liquid onto his bruises, closing the lid.

"Do you have anywhere to stay?" I ask.

"I'll find somewhere." JJ says.

I look at JJ with a knowing glance, realising he doesn't have anywhere to stay.

"What about the chateau?" Rafe genuinely asks.