twenty-three

My eyelids slowly flutter open, awakening into reality. I look to my body, seeing it laying with Rafe's body.

I collect the memories back from last night. We slept together. A smile instantly appeared on my face without me even knowing.

I look up to Rafe, seeing his eyes open and his mouth yawning.

"Morning baby." he mumbles.

"Morning." I smile.

He leans down to my face, about to kiss me as I back away jokingly.

"What?" he laughs.

"Morning breath." I laugh.

"Shut up." he rolls his eyes.

He cups my cheek anyways and presses his lips against mine as I smile into the kiss.

"Are we going back today?" I mutter into the kiss.

We break away from the kiss, our noses still touching and our lips centimetres away from one another's.

"You want to?" he asks.

"I wish we could stay here forever." I say.

"But we can't." I laugh.

"Says who?" he teases.

"Rafe." I groan, but somehow still smiling.

This was nice, staying here with Rafe. But Ward would be mad at him for leaving without telling him, and he had his friends probably worrying too. I didn't want to cause chaos.

"Alright, we'll go back today." he chuckles.

I press my lips onto his once more before hopping out of bed.

I was about to look in the closet for towels to shower, but I stumbled when I started walking.

"I was that good, huh?" I hear Rafe laugh from the bed.

"Shut up." I say, not bothering to face him and sticking my middle finger up from behind.

I grab a dressing gown and towel that the hotel provides from the cupboard.

"You wanna shower with me?" I tease.

"You serious?" he asks, licking his lips.

"No." I laugh, walking into the bathroom.

I can imagine him rolling his eyes as I say no which makes me laugh. I close the bathroom door, not fully locking it, just incase.

I hang my towel on the rack beside the shower, pulling off my underwear. And I was confused on why Rafe wasn't here yet. Did he actually take me seriously?

"Rafe!" I yell.

"Yeah?" he shouts back.

"Why aren't you coming?" I say.

As soon as I mention that, the door opens, with another towel in Rafe's hand.

I try not to let my emotions get to me, but a huge smile formed onto my face, knowing what was going to happen next.

I couldn't get enough of him.

~

After about twenty minutes of events in the shower, I grab my towel, fitting it around my body as Rafe does the same on his lower body.

I look to the dressing table, seeing Rafe's phone buzz with a notification. He picks it up and after looking for a brief second, putting it back on the table face down.

"What was that?" I ask, grabbing my clothes.

"Just Rose." he groans.

I didn't overthink this time. I told myself I wouldn't and I didn't. I trusted him. I was about to change into my clothes until Rafe speaks up.

"Hey, is this thing gonna be a secret?" he says, pointing to the space between us.

"You know, when we go back." he adds.

"Yeah- no for sure."

"I was thinking the same thing." I say.

"Alright." he says.

"Okay, turn around." I was about to take off my towel to change.

"What?" he chuckles.

"Turn around?" I state.

I found it embarrassing to change in-front of him. For now, at least.

"But we just-"

I push him to face the other way around. This was only for him to peak back towards me a few seconds later.

"Rafe!" I groan, still smiling.

"Okay, okay!" he chuckles, turning back around.

I liked this new thing we had. I didn't know how it would ever work out, but it was fun, daring and exciting. It's not like any relationship I've had before.

After about thirty minutes of packing clothes and toiletries, we hopped into Rafe's jeep, ready to head back to Outer Banks.

I wasn't looking forward to it, but as long as I was doing it with him, I was fine.

This time I didn't fall asleep, I let the window open, making the wind flow against me as he held my hand whilst driving.

"Put some music on." I yell through the wind.

"What do you like?" he yells back.

He briefly takes his hand off of mine and searches through the cabinet in the car, filled with CD's. He gives me a few in my hand.

I look at a few discs, but the one that catches my eye is 'The Smiths'.

"No way." I laugh.

"What?" Rafe says, still driving.

"There's no way you listen to The Smiths." I yell.

"Why not?" he chuckles, looking at me for a split second.

"You just- don't seem like that type of person." I contemplate.

"Mhm, how would you know?" he smirks.

"Name one song."

"This Charming Man." he says confidently.

I was surprised for no reason at all, but I roll my eyes. I put in the disc, and songs started playing. So we sang, until we reached our destination.

Our voices filled the atmosphere, the wind gushing through our hair as we sung the loudest we could.

I never wanted this to end. I felt the happiest I've ever been with Rafe than I have this whole year. But I should've known that this wouldn't work. He's a kook, and I'm a pogue.

authors note: sorry this chapter was so bad,
it'll get good soon don't worry