twelve

"Come on."

Rafe gestures his hand for me to enter the Cameron House.

"What if someone catches me?" I ask.

"They won't." he reassures me.

"And I don't think anyones home." he adds.

"You sure?"

"I'm sure."

He holds his hand out for me to lace mine into his. He gently pulls me as we enter the household. It was massive.

"Go there." he whispers.

He was pointing to the wall leading to another corridor, so you couldn't see me if you walked in.

"Dad!" he yells, standing in the centre of the entrance.

"Rose!"

There was no answer to any. He walked back to me, gesturing me to follow him.

We walk up the stairs quietly until we hear a door squeak open.

He pushes me behind him, and looks at who opened the door. Wheezie.

"Yo Wheez." he chuckles.

"Uh- hi?" she looked confused.

"I thought you were at your friends?" he asked.

"Nah, she got the flu." she shrugs.

"Shit." he chuckles, his tongue poking his inner mouth.

"Well it's like 1 am, why are you up?" he asks.

"I've got a ton of homework."

"Alright." he nods.

"Well I need to go to the office to get a pen so-"

She walks beside Rafe as he instantly turns himself towards her, not letting me be seen.

"What is up with you-"

Wheezie pauses mid-sentence.

"Oh." she says.

"Oh what?" Rafe asks.

She stands there, looking disappointed.

"Oh what Wheez!" he yells.

"You brought one of your hookups here, again." she points to behind him.

I knew Rafe was also known for being a man whore, but what was this? What were me and Rafe doing?

"Trust me, I'm not hooking up with her." he laughs.

Rafe looks behind at me, clicking his tongue. He steps away, letting Wheezie see me.

"Gia?" she raises her eyebrows.

"Hey." I smile awkwardly, waving at her.

"Finally, she's not a douche." Wheezie laughs, walking away.

"What do you mean?" he asks.

Wheezie turns around and smiles, then enters the office.

"Don't snitch!" he yells

"I won't." she yells back in a sarcastic tone.

~

Rafe sits on his bed, as I walk around looking at his room. It was like an insight inside his mind.

I sit on his desk chair and start spinning around on it. Usually, I would think that Rafe would roll his eyes at me for it, but I heard a laugh slip out of his mouth.

"Your house is real nice man." I laugh.

"Appreciate it." he smirks.

I laugh, walking towards him and placing myself on his bed, next to him.

We turn to look at each other, as his hands make their way to mine.

I open my mouth about to say something but instantly stop myself. I didn't know what I was getting into.

We link our hands together, below our faces, getting sucked into his ocean eyes.

"Hi." he smirks.

"Hi." I smile.

"Can you uh-" he stutters.

"Can you stay over? I don't wanna be alone right now." he stares into my eyes.

"Yeah- sure."

Our hands were still interlocked, and I see Rafe moving closer towards me. He was about to kiss me? What the fuck.

Our noses touch, as I feel his lips on mine. We smile into each others mouths until we finally kiss. Fireworks erupted in my stomach.

It felt electric. I've never kissed a kook before, but god they're good at kissing.

He gave me sloppy wet kisses, I held his head as he held my cheek, his hand pulling my waist closer to him.

Hesitantly, I break away from it. I didn't want things to go too far.

As Wheezie said, I didn't want to be one of his 'hookups'. And we definitely shouldn't do anything whilst she's in the house.

"We should probably go to sleep, right?" I ask.

"Probably." he clears his throat, still smiling.

He gets up, off the bed and starts looking through his drawers. He gets out some of his clothes and hands them to me.

"What?"

"To sleep in?"

"Right. I'll go- change there." I laugh awkwardly, pointing towards his on-suite.

"Alright." he chuckles.

I didn't know why I was being so nervous. Probably because of the kiss we just shared. I couldn't believe it myself.

But after everything he's done to the pogues and me, I didn't know how we would ever make it work. I couldn't do that to them.

And with all of mine and his problems jumbled up, it would just cause whatever we have to flake away if we came any closer.

I changed into his grey joggers and oversized shirt and looked in the mirror.

I see my reflection, instantly sighing. Why did he kiss that? I'm not a kook, and he hated pogues. Why me?

I open the door from the on-suite and into his room, making my way into his bed. His whole room felt luxurious, but especially the bed. It was so comfy, I could stay in here forever.

He lays down next to me, facing me. He closes his eyes and I look at him. He had the most defined features that fitted his face perfectly.
I never noticed how beautiful he was in depth.

"You know it's rude to stare, right?" he mumbles, his eyes still closed.

"I wasn't staring." I laugh.

"Mhm." he murmurs.

One week I hate him and the next week we're cuddling in his bed. What was he doing to me?

His hands slip to my waist, pulling me closer to him as I lay my head into his neck. We close our eyes, to only hear each others heartbeats.

And that was until a dozen of hours later, someone woke us up.