seventeen

I walk through the doors of the house I got kicked out of in with my casual clothes. I didn't bother to change.

I barely see anyone I know, the house is filled with kooks and pogues, which is a rare sight.

I walk to the drinks, pouring myself some beer and gulping it down.

"Woah, slow down." I hear a familiar voice.

I turn to him.

"Why are you here?" I laugh, looking at Rafe.

"So I can't come to a party now?" he smirks.

"Mhm."

It's like our tiny arguments never even happened. That's one thing I liked about Rafe, he always came back.

"Wanna, you know?" he says, his head nodding to the living room where people were dancing.

"What?" I tease.

"You're really gonna make me say it?" he chuckles.

"Say what?" I smile.

He sighs, laughing.

"Do you wanna dance?" he asks.

"Sure. I mean I guess." I roll my eyes sarcastically.

We walk to the living room as he holds my hips, swaying to the music. Our bodies collided, my stomach erupting with butterflies.

I didn't know why I was feeling this way towards him, but the emotions I felt with him just didn't stop.

He spins me around to face him, as I put my arms around his neck, his hands around my waist.

This felt nice. Everyone knew Rafe to be the meanest kook they knew, but it wasn't that way with me.

"You having a good time?" he yells over the music.

"Not really." I tease, just to annoy him.

In reality, I was having an amazing time with him. He rolls his eyes as I lean my head into his neck as he gently holds me.

That was until I felt his hand tracing down my back, about to go down to my ass where my pocket with cocaine was in.

I grab his hand immediately, pulling it away from me and excusing myself. I completely forgot about the cocaine.

"I'm sorry- I'll be right back." I stutter, whilst walking to the bathroom.

"What?" he yells over the music.

I walk into the bathroom, slamming the door shut. I heard Rafe knock the door.

"What happened?" he yells.

"Girl problems!" I shout.

"I'll be a few seconds! Don't wait for me." I yell.

"Alright." he shouts.

I had to get him to leave so that I could panic.
I was doing completely fine with being sober for one of the very rare few times. But he just reminded me of the cocaine.

I grab the bag out of my pocket, lining some of the powder onto the sink. I had to. It was a vicious circle that had no end to it, no matter how hard I tried.

I lean down, snorting the excess off the sink, and grab the bag, lining more and more.

Until half an hour later, I felt like everything stopped. My heart, my lungs, my brain.

I was sweating like crazy. I look at the empty bag. What the fuck did I do?

I felt like my blood was rushing to my heart, the rest of my body was weak.

I try to calm myself but it only made me feel unstable, making me grab hold of the towel rack.

Tears were streaming down my face. I needed this to stop, please stop.

The music buzzed in my ears and made my mind muddle up into a million thoughts.

I thought pills would help. I opened the cupboard, shoving all of the belongings in their on the floor like I was crazy.

There had to be some here. I know it, my mom got some prescribed for her.

I finally find them at the back of the cupboard and I open the lid off of it immediately, pouring about seven out.

I hear a knock on the door and ignore it. I just needed to swallow these, and it would be over, right?

"Gia- come on now."

I look behind me, seeing Rafe sighing.

"Rafe please. I have to."

My mind was going black. I didn't even know what was happening right now.

"It's not right." he says, walking towards me.

I hold the pills tightly in my hand.

"Give it to me." he reaches for them.

"Let go!" he says.

I was to weak right now. He pulled them out of my hands in less than a second.

"Please. Out of everyone you would understand, right?" I sob.

"I need them." I groan.

All he does is shake his head, disappointed.

"Rafe-"

I don't feel too good." I cry out.

"What? You didn't." he shakes his head.

"Tell me you didn't!" he yells.

"I don't know what I was-"

I fall to the ground, my body was numb. I was sweating like crazy. I didn't mean for this to happen.

"Gia!" Rafe yells, shaking my body.

My eyes slightly open, seeing Rafe shouting in the distance, and the pogues rushing through the door.

"What did you do to her?" JJ yells, shoving Rafe.

"I didn't do shit, pogue!" Rafe shouts, pushing JJ back.

"Well what the fuck is this man?" JJ cries.

"She fucking overdosed." Rafe says, his hands going through his hair.

I looked up at him, seeing a tear stream down his cheek. His eyes looked as if he'd just seen a ghost. I'm so sorry Rafe.

"Call an ambulance!" Kiara yells out to everyone in the party.

I see John B's tears dropping onto my shirt and I feel Pope's hand in mine. JJ stood by the door. I've never seen him sadder.

The next thing I see after was Rafe carrying me. Into an ambulance? Why. I didn't do anything wrong. Did I? I didn't mean it.