Chapter 30: An Eventful Night.

Start from the beginning

“O..oh..” Jeongguk muttered out in shock.

“And…I'm sorry, but I've been hiding this from you..” Taehyung said with such fear and uncertainty. “But..the reason I had to get away from my father wasn't just because of how we were taught to treat our mates if they were omegas..it was because..” He trailed off.

Jeongguk nodded his head to urge the others silently. Taehyung took a breath and looked at the omega in the eyes.

“Because they're the biggest mafia gang in Daegu” Taehyung watched as the other's eyes fluttered in shock.

“W-what..?” Jeongguk stammered out from his shock. “Your family is..” He breathed out but couldn't even say the end.

“And that person is my father's right hand, man. I don't know why he's here..” Taehyung explained with a fearful expression. His voice shook with each word.

Jeongguk took a second to process it all. His mate was a part of the mafia. Was. He looked up at his mate and just saw how freaked out he was, standing there leaning against the sinks, and Jeongguk pushed his own shock aside because his mate was more important right now. Not his own shock. His mate was freaking out, and what was he doing? Standing there, frozen in shock. Jeongguk can deal with the shock of it all later because right now, his focus should be on Taehyung.

Jeongguk took his mate's hand and directed them to sit down on the floor. It's not the best place to sit, but it'll do for now. He let out calming pheromones for the other so he could calm down and watch as the other started to take deep breaths to calm down.

“You had your reasons to keep that private, Taehyung. It was in the past and wasn't connected to anything now” Jeongguk replied as he was addressing how the other apologised before. “But now, because of that person, of course it would be brought up now..”

“Yeah..” Taehyung nodded. “God..this probably ruined your night, I'm sorry baby” He sighed.

“Hey, hey, this didn't ruin my night at all,” Jeongguk shook his head. “I was getting tired of conversing with random people for the night anyway” the omega gave a small laugh.

As he did so, the sound of the door opening made them both shoot their heads up and looked at the door, seeing Yoongi walking in.

“I was wondering where you two were,” Yoongi sighed in relief. “I started to worry because I couldn't find you” He shook his head as he placed his hands on his hips.

“Yoongi-hyung, he's here…” Taehyung warned.

“Who?-” Yoongi questioned softly before his eyes widened. “You mean..?”

“Yes..” Taehyung nodded. “I caught his scent and saw him standing by the photo opportunity” He explained.

Yoongi shifted on his feet. “Jesus..” He muttered. “I'll go get Jimin, and we'll head out, just meet us outside, okay?”

“Okay” Taehyung nodded. The two watched Yoongi speed walk out of the bathroom and back into the crowded room.

“Come, let's get out of here” Jeongguk took his mate's hand and stood up with the alpha following.

They made their way quickly out of the bathroom and past the crowd to the entry of the event. They said their thanks to the hosts as they went past and waited out the front for the other two on the sidewalk by Yoongi's car that was parked.

They didn't need to wait for long as they saw the other two rush out and rush to say their own thanks before Yoongi took out his keys and opened the car doors by the remote and let Taehyung and Jeongguk in before they even got there.