22 - Subtle touches

Start from the beginning

He came to have breakfast and they both behaved casually.
At evening.

Arjun- maa na oru 2 varathuku night duty pakkanum maa.. rathirii vetuku varamaten.
Shalu- epo poovinga epo varuvinga..
Arjun- oru 9 maniku poitu 5 maniku vandhuruven maa..
Shalu- kandipaa pooganuma neenga.. ungala madhri periya officers kudavaa ippadi night duty pakkanum.
Arjun- amaa maa.. night rounds ellam irukum..varathuku oru time achu pakkanum.. na nama kalyanam annadhulaa irundhu pakkavey ilaa.. rendu masam aagiduchu adhaan sethu vachu indha rendu varam pakkanum. Ne thunga arambikira apo poitu ne elunthukarathu kulaa vandhuruven maa.
Shalu- seri poitu vangaa.. na ungaluku night kudika tea, snacks ellam pani tharen daily.
Arjun- adhu ellam vendam ma..
Shalu- na panni tharen eduthutu poonga..
Arjun- seri..

Next day Arjun started with his night duty.

Arjun- lock paniko ma.. enkita irukura saavi vachu naa vandhukuren.. ne nalla thungu.. edachum naa enaku kupdu odaney na vandhuren seriya.
Shalu- na batharama irupen.. neenga poitu vanga..

Arjun kissed her forhead and left. It became a routine . when ever he leaves for work. He would kiss her forhead. Shalu went to their room and lied on the bed but sleep was faraway from her. She couldn’t sleep. After coming from her mother home they used to cuddle.
Not like a complete cuddle. He used to bury his face in her neck or he would place her head on his chest and carress her hair until she sleep or they used to hold eachother hands while sleeping but today without him and his smell she cant sleep. She hugged his pillow.

Shalu- yen ippadi enaa paduthuringa…

She asked looking at him who was smiling in their wedding photo which is hung in their room.
She slept around 12 clck.

Arjun came home around 4am. He found his wife hugging his pillow. He smiled at this sight and came to bed after refreshing. He took the pillow slowly and kept in it place and lied on it. He pulled her slowly and hugged her to his chest then kissed her forhead.

Arjun.mv- en papa

He slept hugging her tightly. Shalu didn’t wake till 8am as she slept late. She slowly opened her eyes and tried to removed herself from his hold but it was very tight. She moved her head and looked at him then again buried her face in his chest and hugged him to inhale in scent deeply.

She closed her eyes and slept again in his embrace. When she woke up again it was 11am. She jerked looking at the time and he woke up with her jerk.

Arjun- ena da achu..
Shalu- neenga thungungaa onumilaa..

She patted him. But he pulled her again to his chest and hugged her.

Shalu- ena vidunga.. neenga thungunga..
Arjun- neeyum thungu..
Shalu- enaku thukam varalaa.. manni 11 aachu..
Arjun- paravala thungu..
Shalu- pls nga.. vidunga.

He sighed and left her. She woke up and tied her hair while he took woke up and sat leaning on the headboard.

Shalu- neenga thungunga..
Arjun- enaku thukam poiduchu.. na mathiyanam saptutu thungiikkiren..
Shalu- seri neenga pakathu room la poi kulichitu vangaa.. na adhukula kulichitu ungaluku coffee eduthutu varen.
3-4 days passed like this….

Shalu started to sleep at night only after hugging his pillow and morning he would come and snatch that pillow from her.
Morning she would go to her class and he would come and drop her. After 3 hrs he would come and pick her up. They used to have lunch together and take a nap during the afternoon. She would sleep for 30mins while he would sleep for atleast 2 hrs so that he would work well in night.

One day..

Arjun noticed a hibiscus in shalu hair.

Arjun- maa adhaan daily oru molam poo unakunu andha paati ya kudukaa soli iruken laa… ne yen adhaa vaikamaa indha sembaruthi ya vachu irukaa… andha paati kudukura poova ne vaikira madhriyee theriyalee.. rose dhaan un thalaila na apo apo pakuren.. yen ma unaku pudikalayaa..