"I know but I figure that we're pretty much settled in now and we haven't really been downtown yet, so we might as well go check it out," He explains with a shrug.

"What time do they open?" I ask, looking at the clock to see that it's eight now so I probably won't have that long to get dressed.

"Eleven," Jasper tells me, looking closer at the web page that he still has open. "So you have time."

"Alrighty, lets do this," I grin, eager to go do something exciting tonight instead of just sitting in the apartment all night like a lumpy potato, which is what I'm usually doing here with Jasper. We'll usually just sit down here and watch movies in the dark until about two in the morning. Not that I don't love our midnight movie marathons, it's just that maybe we should be enjoying the city instead of staying in our apartment every night.

Three hours later, I'm walking down the spiral staircase from my room to where Jasper is waiting for me in the living room. It takes me a while to get down the stairs since I'm wearing strappy black stilettoes and I have to be careful that I don't trip and fall over the railing. That'd sure put a damper on the evening.

"Wow, somebody's hoping to get lucky tonight," Jasper jokes when he sees that I'm wearing a tight high waisted lacy black mini skirt with a pink crop bow top that looks like a bow covering my chest but it doesn't cover much else. I know that it's revealing a lot of skin but I like it. I think that I'm pretty skinny and I have a good sized chest and I'm proud of my body. I don't think that there's anything wrong with showing it off sometimes.

"It's been a while," I defend with a small shrug as I grab my phone, ID, and credit card from the table where I'd put them all earlier. "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah, let's get going," He agrees and then he grabs the keys and we're walking out the door to go to the club. "I feel like you're doing this just to prove to me that you're not into Scott."

"Do you?" I wonder with raised eyebrows. "We've gone out before, you know, and it was way before I even considered seeing Scott again. And I don't have to prove anything to you because I know that you trust me."

"I do," Jasper says quickly. "Of course I trust you. You're right. But you know that this whole Scott thing has me worried."

"I know that but you don't have any reason to be worried," I say as we get into his truck and he starts driving us downtown.

"I just think that you're going to end up hurt," He admits. "Because you have this idea in your head about who Scott is and he isn't the guy that you built up in your head. I'm not saying that he's not a nice guy, I just think that you're falling for the guy that you've imagined him to be and not the actual Scott, you know?"

"I'm not falling for anybody, Jas," I assure him with an easy laugh. "I promise that I'm fine, alright? We're just friends and we're just getting to know each other again. Everything is fine."

"Alright," He appeases me. "As long as you're sure."

"I'm super sure," I say to my best friend.

When we pull up to the club, it's already packed and it takes Jasper fifteen minutes to drive around downtown to find a parking spot but he eventually gets one by the curb on the busy street and then we walk down the block to the club. There's a ten minute wait to get through the doors and when we get to the bouncer, I give him my ID and then he gives me wrist bands that are a symbol that I'm underage so that the bartenders don't give me anything alcoholic to drink.

Jasper, however, has his fake ID (I have no idea how he got that thing) so he doesn't get the wrist bands and then once we pay our five dollar fee to get in, we follow the line of people into the dark, crowded club. There's a loud remix blasting over everything and there's people dancing everywhere.