Chapter 35

***TIF POV***

The officers tight grip on my wrists was becoming increasingly more and more irritating. And I suspected he caught up on that because the more I flinched the harder his grip became. This officer was getting on my nerves way more than he needed to be.

As soon as the silent car ride to the police station came to end, he yanked me out of the car roughly and motioned me to walk by tapping me on my shoulder. 

I growled under my breath and tried to ignore his ignorant actions. 

When I walked inside, everyone stopped what they were doing and began to stare at me. And me being me, hating being the centre of attention, began to trip over my own feet. I caught a few people snickering to them selves due to my clumsy episode, but as soon as I shot them an angry stare they went back to their own buisness. 

The officer who was still gripping on to my wrists pulled me into a boxed room and told me to sit. 

I sat down on the metal chair and watched as he exited the room, leaving me alone in the closed space. 

I looked around me, not being phased by much but a large glass window in front of me. Since I had watched a lot of criminal justice episodes I was well aware that behind that window was that grumpy officer and a few others watching me. So I directed my attention to my feet that were dangling over the edge of the high chair. 

After a good 15 mintues of sitting in silence, the large metal door was opened and a taller officer proceeded to walk in with Paul at his side. 

He dropped his files of paper work on the table in front of me, causing me to flinch from the loud noice.

"I'm going to ask you a few questions." He stated nonchalantly.

I laid back in my seat and nodded to him calmly. The first thing I learned from watching those movies was to act cool. If you acted nervous infront of an officer they would immediatly suspect you were guilty.

Even if I was incrediblly nervous inside, I had to do my best to portray I wasnt guilty. Which really was ridiculous! Considering this was all a set up and I really was not guilty of anything! 

"You claimed to have never seen the auction necklace before, is that right?"

"Yes." I said, holding my stare with the officer across from me.

"But then how did it just so happen to get in you bag?" He retaliated, raising an eyebrow more curiously.

"Someone gave it to me." I said, beginning to feel my cool act ware off. I watched as he folded his arms over eachother unconvcingly and took of his sunglases.

What was up with officers wearing sunglases at night,  there wasnt even any sun. 

"Who gave it to you then?" He asked, smiling down at his watch as he was now realising I was running out of answeres.

I began to stutter helplessly and turned my attention to Paul. However he didnt look like he was going to help me. Instead, he flashed me an angry glare and turned away. 

"I-I dont know." I mumbled out. 

The officer across from me jumped up ubruptly and clasped his hands together. 

"Well that settles it, no details, no case. Looks like this one's free to go." He made his way over to me, lifting me up from my metal chair. 

I looked over at him oddly, trying to wonder why they wouldnt take the investigation any further. Cases like theft werent usually something that were just dropped because there wasnt enought information. Thats were the 'investigation' comes in handy.