Chapter 29: The First Kiss

Start from the beginning

Thomas' breath caught in his throat at Penelope's boldness, his heart pounding with desire. "Oh, my dear Penelope." He replied, his voice husky with emotion. "It is not that I do not desire you. On the contrary, you are the most exquisite woman I have ever known."

"Then why?" Penelope pressed, her eyes searching his for answers.

Thomas hesitated for a moment, his gaze searching hers with a mix of longing and restraint. "I have been trying to be a gentleman, my love." He confessed, his voice filled with sincerity. "I want nothing more than to shower you with my affections, to hold you in my arms and kiss you until the end of time. But I cannot bear the thought of compromising your honor before our wedding day."

Penelope's heart swelled with love and admiration for Thomas, his selflessness and restraint touching her deeply. "But Thomas, we are to be wed soon." She insisted, her voice filled with determination. "Surely, a kiss between betrothed lovers is not too scandalous?"

"Penelope.." Thomas murmured. "Are you sure.. Are you sure it's okay for me to kiss you?"

Penelope's heart beat in excitement and anticipation with love and longing as she looked into Thomas' eyes, seeing the vulnerability and concern hidden within their depths. She reached up to place her hand over his, her touch gentle yet reassuring.

With a nod of her head and a shy smile, she whispered. "Yes, Thomas." Penelope replied softly, her voice filled with warmth and affection. "I am sure. I want you to kiss me. I want to feel your lips on mine, to share this moment with you."

A small smile of relief crossed Thomas' lips as he leaned in closer, his gaze never leaving Penelope's. And then, with a sense of reverence and tenderness, he closed the distance between them, his lips meeting hers in a tender and passionate kiss. His hand slipped around her waist, pulling her closer as he deepened the kiss, their bodies pressed together in a sweet embrace.

As Thomas' lips met Penelope's, a surge of electricity coursed through their bodies, igniting a firestorm of passion that swept them away in a whirlwind of desire. His touch was gentle yet possessive, his hands roaming over her body with a hunger that matched her own.

Penelope melted into his embrace, her senses overwhelmed by the intensity of their connection. She wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer as their kiss deepened, their lips moving together in perfect harmony.

In that moment, nothing else mattered. The world fell away, leaving only the two of them entwined in a dance of love and longing. Their hearts beat as one, their souls united in a bond that transcended time and space.

As they finally broke apart, breathless and flushed with desire, Thomas gazed into Penelope's eyes with a mixture of awe and adoration. "You are truly exquisite, my dear Penelope." He murmured, his voice husky with emotion. "I am the luckiest man alive to have you as my betrothed."

Penelope's heart swelled with love as she returned his gaze, her eyes shining with unshed tears of joy. "And I am the luckiest woman alive to have you as my beloved." She replied, her voice filled with warmth and affection.

The Wedding

The sun shone brightly in the sky as the church bells rang out, announcing the arrival of a momentous occasion. Inside the hallowed walls of the grand cathedral, the air was filled with anticipation and excitement as guests gathered to witness the union of Penelope Featherington and Duke Thomas Debling.

As the strains of the wedding march filled the air, all eyes turned to the entrance of the church, where Viscount Anthony Bridgerton stood proudly, his arm linked with Penelope's. Being an honorary member of the Bridgerton family, Anthony took it as his privilege to walk Penelope to the altar. She looked radiant in a gown of pure white silk, adorned with intricate lace and delicate pearls. Her fiery red hair cascaded down her shoulders in elegant curls, framing her face like a halo of flame.