Jax walked out of the break room and passed the front desk. He opened the front door and walked to the area where the picnic bench is. He saw Kate sitting on the bench. She didn't see him right away. When she heard footsteps, Kate turned around and greeted Jax with a big smile. She grabbed both bags and held them. After she put them on the table, Kate got up and wrapped her arms around Jax. He wrapped his arms around her waist.

After she pulled back from the hug, Kate looked up at Jax

After she pulled back from the hug, Kate looked up at Jax. "Hi." She smiled at him.

"Hi, Kate." Jax smiled back.

"I thought it would be fun to spend our lunch breaks here and I bought food from the diner." Kate explained.

"It's very nice of you to do this

"It's very nice of you to do this." Jax said. "I was actually thinking of ordering food from there just a few minutes ago, but Adam stopped me."

"Well, I thought it would be a nice surprise." Kate said. "This one is for you." She handed him the bag on the left.

He opened it and inside was a cheeseburger with French fries. Jax did bring the bottle he got from the vending machine. "This is great. I had a craving for a cheeseburger." Jax sat down on the bench. He lifted the lid of the box and grabbed the burger. He took a couple of bites and set it back in the box. "What did you order?" He asked.

"I got a Veggie Southwest Rice Bowl." Kate answered. She got out a fork from the bag and started eating. "I got an extra fork in case if you wanted to try it."

"I don't know. I never ate a rice bowl." Jax looked at her meal with a bit of skepticism.

"Then, how do you know if it's terrible?" Kate asked. "You should try it. Maybe you might even end up liking it."

"What's in this rice bowl?" Jax looked at the meal.

"It has many ingredients. It contains jasmine rice with queso blanco, sautéed veggies and marinated shrimp. It's topped with black bean corn salsa, chimichurri sauce, lime, scallion sour cream, and shredded Parmesan cheese." Kate listed them.

"So, it's Mexican?" Jax tried to figure it out.

"Kind of, but it does contain shrimp. Overall, it's got a bit of everything." Kate answered.