Copy Canine

“SAT?” Alienana tilted her head, confused by the acronym.

“It stands for Scary Aptitude Test.” Lagoona explained to the martian.

Clawdian gasped, seeing that the test was today, “Oh no!”

“I bet Clawdian missed a sale at Transylvania's Secret, or he forgot to study.” Cleo said.

Clawdian looked up from his notebook, “I couldn't! My brother ate all my notes.”

Cleo rolled her eyes, not believing the werewolf,  “Yeah right…Don't even try to tell us you weren't watching America's top monster with Alienana.”

The werewolf flinched, “Busted…” He then tried to defend his actions, “But it was the final power pose off! It was beyond my control.” His ears flattened against his head, “Seriously guys, what am I gonna do?”

Cleo raised a brow, “Well, why don't you sit next to Ghoulia?”

“Are you saying I should cheat?!” Clawdian’s eyes widened.

“She is the smartest girl in school.” Cleo chuckled sinisterly.

Everyone looked down at Ghoulia, who groaned from her spot on the ground.

“I know what I would do.” Cleo sang teasingly.

The warning bell rang, and everyone made their way into the classroom.

Alienana took a seat next to Clawdian and looked over to see Ghoulia on his other side. She bit her lip and looked down at her desk. She felt guilty for indulging with Clawdian. Now, because of her actions, he's going to fail the test.

Mr. Where walked into the classroom as the bell rang. In his hand was a stopwatch, “Alright class, pens at ready? And…begin!” He turned invisible, but the stopwatch was still visible.

The martian looked down at her test and was surprised at how easy it was. She quickly wrote her answers down with ease and then peeked over to see how Clawdian was doing.

To her surprise, his test was completely empty, and his eyes were peeking over at Ghoulia's test sheet. The problem was that the clock was ticking, and Ghoulia still hadn't answered any questions yet.

“Two minutes remaining!” Mr. Where announced.

Alienana smiled suddenly as an idea hit her head. She knocked her pencil over and watched it slide underneath Clawdian's desk. She quickly left her seat and slid herself underneath his desk.

While Clawdian was still mimicking Ghoulia's actions, he was unaware of the small green hand snatching his test paper from his desk.

“One minute!” Mr. Where warned.

“Come on, come on.” Clawdian pleaded as he stared at Ghoulia.

Ghoulia placed the tip of her pencil on the paper and began to rapidly scribble down her answers. She wrote it so fast, Clawdian can only stare in disbelief, there was no way he could copy it with enough time.

“And pens down!” Mr. Where called out.

The test paper was placed back onto an unaware Clawdian's desk. As their teacher was collecting the papers, Alienana was back in her seat innocently playing with her antennae.

Mr. Where passed by their row and collected the tests, “Thank you.”

Clawdian sighed and looked down at his desk, “If only they asked me who got voted off America's Top Monster. I really should have studied.” He wore a puppy dog pout on his face as he sunk into himself.

~Next day~

Clawdian gasped, seeing his test score, and quickly ran to find his ghouls.

He spotted them by the lockers and ran up to them with a big toothy grin on his face.

“Ghouls you'll never believe what happened!” He showed off his perfect test score to them, “I aced my test! I knew I didn't need to study!”

All of the group congratulated the werewolf.

“So you ended up listening to my advice and cheating off Ghoulia.” Cleo crossed her arms and smirked, “I'm impressed.”

Clawdian furrowed his brows, and his ears flattened, “Uh actually, I didn't. Uh, I'm honestly not sure how I got these answers, I barely had time to write anything aside from my name.”

A certain martian giggled, and all eyes fell on her.

“Why are you laughing, Ali?” Frankie asked curiously.

“I helped Clawdian!” She exposed herself with an innocent smile.

“HUH?!” Everyone exclaimed.

“How?” Clawdian questioned and looked down at the test sheet, “And how did you copy my handwriting?”

Alienana puffed her chest out proudly, “Us martians are great at mimicry! I sneaked under your desk, took your test, and answered the questions!”

Draculaura smiled and cooed, “Aw you cheated for Clawdian! That's so sweet!”

“Not cheating, helping.” Alienana corrected.

The martian blushed brightly when she was pulled roughly into a tight hug from Clawdian.

“Thank you, Starship!” He smiled at her widely.

Alienana giggled and hugged back tightly, enjoying the comforting warmth his hugs gave her.

Maybe she should help him more often.