Tight jaw. Anger? 

No, his fists were clenched. 

Restraint?

Slowly, he closed the door, locked it, and sat down next to me. Very close, that I could smell alcohol off him- but not the usual vodka. It smelled deeper, almost like he'd been drowning in it for a while and not shaken it off yet.

The music continued to play. Was it on repeat?

I gave him one of my bright smiles. He didn't smile back. However, he rose up a few fingers and moved the brown hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ear. It made me shiver, but not the nervous kind. 

Why was he being so gentle?

"You're early today," He whispered, a bit too close to my ear. I'd always been annoyed when Aurora did that, and now he was doing it too. I shifted an inch away, but he gripped my shoulder. Tight. And he pulled me back where I was. 

"I figured I'd wait." I said, looking at him through the mirror. I didn't think I was brave enough to look him in the eye. I never did.

Then, he did something weird. He cradled my jaw with a hand- a sweaty one, and turned me so I could look at him. His eyes were black, and filled with something. I couldn't quite place it, but my pounding chest told me it wasn't good. I swallowed the lump in my throat and instead stared at the blood-stain on his shirt. Although he never took it off, I didn't wanna look at that while he fucked me. I preferred that small dent in the top-right corner, right next to the air vent. 

"Look at me when I'm talking to you."

My hand trembled, but I did. And then, with the same weird look in his eyes, he pulled me forward and kissed me. I waited a second. For the tingle- the butterflies Layla told me I'd get. 

There were none. 

On instinct, I pushed at his chest until his lips left mine.

He looked at me, suddenly confused. "I thought you wanted me to."

I forced out a chuckle and shook my head. "Not.. Not like that." My voice dipped at the end.

"Come on, now. We both know corruption suits you well." He said it with a surprising amount of confidence. 

Was that it? Was I simply his 'good girl' that he used on a weekly basis?

His eyes lingered on my cleavage, but this time, my body didn't welcome it. He'd only fuck me and then leave, like always, with his come still dripping down my thighs. 

They flickered back up to my face. "And you've been taking the pill, like I told you to?"

I never stopped. I didn't hate the idea of getting pregnant, maybe it'd get him to change and stay, but the idea of getting caught, of someone finding out- that kept me going.

I nodded.

He stood up then, and the bloodstain filled my eyesight until I had no choice but to look up at him. He held my chin with his thumb and forefinger, pressing on my lips. 

"All this beauty, and you continue to save it for me. Why?" His voice was low, but loud enough to cover up the music that I wanted to hear.

Someone play the music louder.

I looked up at him. "You're the only man who's been interested." 

His gentility shifted. He pressed his thumb onto my lips hard enough until it stung, and then pushed it into my mouth. 

"Lie." 

It was barely a whisper, a mere hint, but I felt it down in my bones, and it wasn't nice. Nothing about him was nice right now.