A Not So Fun Summer

A young grey she-cat smiled "Cool my dad let you come, eh Cyrus!" He looked around at the baseball courts as he heard the ping of bats.
"Yeah! Good for our first thing to do for summer break!" Cyrus was a young Tom had a coat mix of hazel, brown, black, and white.
"Crazy how many people are here," he surveyed the area. Other cats either went with their parents or their friends. "Well it's SUMMER BREAK Cy." She looked to face her dad, he seemed he didn't want to be here at all.  "Can me and Cy look around?" He sighed and nodded, Cyrus saw his tired eyes, exhausted from whatever fight he must've had with Cinder's mom. He knew Mr. and Mrs. Clark were known to be close but Cinder's late night calls of her crying with them fighting in the background said different.
"Hey Cinder." He caught her gaze.
"Hmm?" She sat down on a bench.
"Are you okay?"
Cyrus looked across the street,
"It just seems like-"
"I look upset?" She asked slowly, seeming like she was getting in some sort of trouble.
Did her mom yell at her? Cyrus thought
"Here I'll smile more and I'll talk more-"
"Cinder," Cyrus called her name, he didn't want her to be more upset from mentioning if she was ok or not.
"I'll talk to my dad too-"
"Cinder," he said it more prominently, trying to snap her out of it.
"And I'll buy my mom something at the gift shop-"
"Cinder!" Cyrus looked at her, he noticed her eyes were tearing up and were static, the type of way you'd tear up when your parent/s finally blew up on you.
"Sorry, this whole thing with my parents fighting," she breathed in deeply, closing her eyes.
"Cinder, it's ok to be sad about what's going on. You can have feelings. You can't just bottle things up all the time or you'll break. I'm sure everything will work out on its own," He pat her head "Right pudding?" He mimicked the Tramp. He knew "The Lady and the Tramp" was Cinder's favorite movie when he was forced to watch it more than someone should."You're so dumb," Cinder chuckled, it was nice to hear her laugh after such a while.
"If it makes you laugh, I'd gladly be dumb for you any day." He rose a paw to his chest and one to his back, saluting. Cinder smile made Cyrus feel warm and bright but it ended as soon as Mr. Clark ran over to the two,
"We have to go!" He grabbed Cinder" Now!"
Fear pierced his blue eyes, it made Cyrus shiver at its icy blue. "W-why?!" Cyrus asked.
And an answer came immediately, as a molly screamed. Cinder looked back, seeing a poor she being brutally eaten by another cat. Cinder's eyes widened in shock at the sight.
"Come on!" Mr. Clark growled in Frustration. He pushed Cinder and Cyrus moved next to him on his right. "Mr. Clark, what are we going to do?!"
He raced past more of those...things.
"Go to the car and drive to our house!" He jumped over one of the benches, starting to run "What about my parents?!" He curved right, running down the street. "They're in Mexico, they have strong walls and will be safe! Hopefully..." He ran faster, Cyrus struggled to digest the news of undead people walking around and immediately thought of Cinder's mom, home alone. "Will Mrs. Clark be okay?"Cyrus asked
"I don't know," Mr. Clark responded, pain fill his voice. "I don't know."