𝙴𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚑 𝚁𝚞𝚖𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚅𝙸

𝙸

𝚈/𝙽

The GAang had left to go watch the tournament and keep a keen eye out for anyone who could help Aang. You had stayed behind and talked things over with Miss Chen and made sure she would be set to take care of the children while you were gone. The Problem was money and supplies. You had to make sure she had plenty of food to feed everyone, but with the little money you had, especially after the trip you took to the market today, you were only left with a little.

You pondered on how you would solve this dilemma, fortunately, you didn't have to wait long.

A knock at the door made you spring up in an instant. "I've got it, Miss Chen." You yelled back to the kitchen, where miss Chen was finishing up washing dishes.

When you opened the door, you were met by a stocky man with long, black hair that dangled low at about shoulder length, he had sharp eyebrows and cheek bones, as well as big muscles compared to the sticks that you had for arms.

"Greetings, Y/N. I am Xin Fu." The man bowed, folding his hands for a traditional greeting.

"Sharp eyebrows." You said blankly.

"What? He replied in sudden confusion.

"What?" You asked back, confusing Xin fu even more.

A few moments of silence followed that was until Miss Chen yelled from the Kitchen. "Who is it, Y/N!"

You yelled back, "It's no one, Miss Chen!" You stepped out onto the porch, closing the door and moving past Xin fu, who towered over you. "You're the guy that hosts that Earthbending tournament, right? Earth Rumble VI?"

Xin Fu nodded. "Yes, I've heard talk around town about your Earthbending, some think you could be a possible contender for my Tournament-"

"So, what? Did you come to recruit me to fight?" You asked cutting him off.

"I did... Why?" 

"Why else would you be here?" You replied, not so enthusiastically.

Xin Fu nodded, and stepped toward the stairs, his face was filled with disappointment. "So, then... judging by your tone you don't want to fight?" He asked you as he stepped down the first step. "Shame, I hear this orphanage is on the brink of going out of business." 

You frowned, "What?" You said, turning to face him directly. Xin Fu nodded.