Chapter Eleven: Blinded by the light.

~Jenna~

Walking past my office, I hear someone talking. Getting closer to the door, I placed my ear up against it, to see who was in there. "So, Miss Avary, Are you sick?"

"No sir I am not."

"Don't lie to me."

After a few minutes, I knew the man's voice. The question is who is he talking to? Slowly cracking the door, pulled my phone out of my bosom and set the camera to record. Checking my surroundings, seeing that it was clear, slid it between the door into the room and caught some of the conversation. Thinking to myself "who could this Avary person be? This name does not ring any bells to me at all. After some time I heard the woman gearing up to leave.

I pulled my phone back, placed it in my bosom and left the office. Joining the guest back in the garden. I mix and mingle with several high-profile CEOs, who would be perfect for a funding project for a charity event teaching underprivileged Orphans how to read and write, given whatever their circumstances may be. After thirty minutes of dangling bait in front of their faces, two of the five of them finally bite and I've made some poor children happy.

Taking my leave, I made my way through the foyer and up the grand entrance stairs up to my wardrobe, hastily walked in, grabbed my most expensive duffel bag and slowly went through all my clothes and jewelry. Not wanting to move a single thing I leave my wardrobe and pace back and forth, back and forth biting my thumb nail. I haven't bitten my nails in thirty years. It was a bad habit I thought I had gotten rid of until today.

Stopping in the middle of the hallway, I turn around and make my way down the hall towards the marital bedroom and gently knock on the door, slowly cracking the door open. I made my way to my husband, laying in our bed asleep. He hasn't been doing well lately, so I've tried to be there for him. With all the money and jewelry in the word it doesn't fill the hole in my heart that is Lou.

I have made my decision. Sitting on his bed side table was a rag, picking it up I wiped the sweat from his forehead. Instantly waking him. He grabbed my arm and smiled at me. Looking at him with loving eyes. "I will get a doctor here as soon as possible and we are going to figure out what is going on with you." I said softly. He coughed and dragged in a rugged breath. You could hear the straining and pain in his weez and said, "Honey? All I ask of you is not to tell the kids whatever it is. I can feel that I don't have much longer on this planet we here call earth." Hot tears flooded my eyes. I grabbed his hand and placed the back of it on my cheek and kissed it. chuckled showing him that I was going to keep fighting no matter what. "I promise that I won't tell them."

I say softly but loud enough for him to hear. He cracked a smile and closed his eyes. Sitting beside him on the bed I placed both of his hands on his lap. Little did he know, he had to do something for me. "Mitchal before I do this, you have to do something for me." He looked at me with confusion. " You have to write a letter to our children. If you really feel that you will die soon." He looked at me and said, "Yes." I looked at him, eyes soaked again ready to cry, I called his name.

"Mitchal?" He opened his eyes with a crease in his brows. I say firmly so he understands me. "All of our children." His eyes go wide and a single tear leaves his left eye. I wipe it away with my thumb. He instantly noticed my chewed nail and grabbed my wrist. His grip wasn't tight, it was gentle but his reaction caught me off guard. Looking at him I pulled my arm away and said. " Oh, this?" He looked at me with worry and said, "If something is bothering you, you know you can always come to me and tell me."

"Well it's not what you think." I say sarcastically. I've been worried sick about you the entire event and it isn't even over. And a second ago you are telling me you're going to the big bed in the sky. My nails should be the last of your problems." Getting up from the bed I kissed his forehead and said, " It should be you and your health, don't give up on our children." Speed walking out of the room, I close the door behind me and silently sob to myself.