Chapter Seven: When it rains, it showers.

~Wenston~

Remembering I bought a dress. I picked up my phone and sent her a message. "I'll see you at your place." I bought her a gift and want to give it to her as soon as possible but right now, all I really want to do is take her out on a proper date. She deserves that much. But first let me pick up dinner for her, maybe some other things as well; while I'm at it. It's already this late. Looking at the time it was already eight at night. Walking into her apartment, after opening the door with ease.

Smirking to myself. Setting the table, lighting the candles and hanging the balloons I spent so much time inflating. Not long later I hear her key in the door. Continuing quickly to finish setting the table. I hurriedly took off her apron and greeted her at the door with a smile and loving gaze. "Welcome home." I said. She walked in looking at me with wide eyes, gave me a weak smile and said tiredly. "Hey, it's good to be home." Threw her bag down on the couch and flopped right next to it.

Stroking her temples she begins to sniff the air, sits up, looks at me with suspicion, gets up off the couch and walks a short distance down the hall to turn left into the kitchen. Following behind her I find her standing still, looking at the food on the table. She turned around to look at me in the hallway. But something else caught her eye, rose petals going down the middle of the hallway.

She steps out to take a better look and realises that there are also candles on the floor lining the hall. She turned and looked at me with bright eyes. Studying her I see her start to cry, looking at me in disbelief. It's like someone gave a child a present, then took it back before it could be opened. I got down on my knees to look her straight in the eyes, considering how tall I am.

My stature towers over her; she could hide in my shadow if she wanted to. Placing both of my hands on her shoulders I pulled her in for a hug. She looked like she could use one. I can't help but wonder why she started crying all of a sudden. Holding her tight she stops crying.

I hear a few sniffles then it gets quiet. stiffening-up, hoping I wasn't holding her too tight. "Is she dead?" I thought. She placed her head on mine and said, "Thank you." Looking up at her, I stiffened up again from those words, smiled and let it go. Assuming those were tears of happiness. We ate dinner while she looked at all the decorations.

finishing up i picked her up in my arms, holding her by her bottom while she wraps her arms around my neck and legs around my waist. Carrying her to the bathroom where I ran her a bubble bath so she can relax and release all her stress of the day. While letting her soak,

I go into her room and hang up the dress in the original black bag it came in. Hearing her footsteps getting closer to the bathroom door just to open it to me standing there holding a handful of gardenias. Reaching out my hand so she can take it.

So, I may guide her one more step over the threshold into her bedroom. Staring hard at the black bag hanging up in her room. She put both of her hands over her mouth, looked at me then back at the bag. Walked over, unzipped it and turned around with the cutest smile on her face.

Loving her reaction, she turns back and keeps admiring the dress. Then says in a soft loving tone. "I love it, it's beautiful." Hearing her words, I was so happy looking into her deep amber eyes. I say. "Can I take you out on a proper date? preferably one outside this house?"

She giggled in amusement. Gave me a knowing glance and said. "That's up to you." She pauses, walks over to me, grabs at my shirt hanging nicely over my chest, pulls me to her and takes me into a deep passionate kiss. Then says, "The real question is, do you deserve it?"

Wrapping my arms around her waist. I said, "I'll take that as a yes." Grabbing my stuff I headed to the door. "I'll see you in a few days for our date, oh and wear the dress I just got you." turning to look at her one last time before I leave for the night, she kisses my cheek and locks-up behind me.