And you kissed me in a way that's gonna screw me up forever

Henry

Like almost every other day, when the third years didn't organise a party, I was sitting in my bed, leaning against the wall next to Walter, who was looking for a movie we could watch on his laptop. This time it was his turn to decide what we will watch, while I was scrolling through my phone. It was already dark outside and we had turned the light out, so the only thing that brightened the room was the screen of Walter's laptop.

"Do you want to watch 'dune'?"Walter asked, turning around to look at me.

"Nooo, not again, we've seen it twice in the past month!"I exclaimed displeased, letting my head fall back against the wall. He knew exactly that I don't like sci-fi movies but tried to convince me to watch them with him all the time. I gave in most of the time because I actually didn't care about the movie as long as I was with him but I couldn't watch this endless movie once again.

"Okayyyy, relax, I'm gonna look for another one."Walter rolled his eyes to imply being annoyed but getting betrayed by the smile on his lips.

He turned back to the laptop, searching for another movie and I tried to keep on scrolling through my phone. My eyes glanced over at Walter from time to time. Strands of his hair kept falling into his face, he was extremely focused on the screen in front of him, I could see this because he always pressed his lips together when he was concentrating. I had to smile seeing him so passionate about such an irrelevant decision. He was always this eager about every little thing and cared so much that everyone was happy with the final decision we took - one of the many reasons why Walter was one of my favourite people.

"Hello? Henry?" Walter waved his hand in front of my face.

"Hm?" I stirred up, not having realised that I zoomed out completely.

"What about 'call me by your name'?"He pointed to the screen in front of us.

"Yeah, sure, that's a good movie."I agreed.

Walter is the only person I am watching queer movies with, since he came out as gay to me. I never actually told him about myself. I was just really scared that everything will change as soon as I tell someone I like men too. Also, I'm not dating anyone so it doesn't really matter if I told him and the only person that I would actually want to date is Walter but telling him that is not an option. He only sees me as a friend and I don't want to lose him as one.

We made ourselves more comfortable in the small bed before we started watching the movie. We put the laptop on a chair in front of the bed and snuggled up into the blankets, leaning slightly against the wall behind us.

I could hear the rain outside against the window and see the dim moonlight shining through the curtains, the only thing that brought a bit of light into the room besides the brightness of the laptop screen.

Walter began snuggling closer to me during the first minutes and I started feeling the heat of his body against mine even more than I already did before. I tried to concentrate on the movie but I got distracted by the feeling of Walter against me. At some point he laid his head on my shoulder and I could feel all his weight on myself but not in a painful way, more in a comforting, enjoyable way. I felt my cheeks reddening and warmth spreading through my whole body, making me feel giddy.

I felt stupid being this attached just by Walter leaning his head against my shoulder. We aren't even a couple or something and we only know each other since we started at Hillerska two months ago. But I just can't help but feel incredible when he is close to me.

From then on, I couldn't follow the plot of the movie anymore, I was so distracted by him that it was impossible for me to focus on anything else than Walter, his soft dark brown hair, his slow, even breaths, his warm skin against mine and his small movements when he adjusts his position - all I could think about the whole time.