Chapter 27: Date

Začať od začiatku

Toge nodded.

There wasn't going to be an argument there. As far as Toge was concerned, even if the world restarted at that very moment they would both remember. Gojo still hadn't caught onto the fact that Yuta remembered, but if there was a next go-round he probably would.

"I think I am going to splurge a little tonight. Dinner on me, what do you say?" Yuta smiled.

Toge shook his head violently.

"What? I got a bonus this week. Employee of the month," Yuta said.

Toge signed an exaggerated, "What!?"

Yuta chuckled as the waitress brought the waters, "Yeah, Miguel said the boss wanted to reward me for my hard work. They also want to put me through bartending classes. Wouldn't it be cool to open up my own bar one day?"

The waitress walked away as Toge signed, "Is that what you want?"

Yuta paused, signing the same words, "Is that what you want?"

Toge crooked his head to the left.

"I'm asking the same thing. I never really thought about my future, and doing it now is a little weird," Yuta said.

Toge took a look around the restaurant again. The dim lighting shimmered on the waxed surface of every table. The booth they sat in was upholstered with black leather. A place like the steakhouse would be a lot to manage, but the restaurant Yuta worked at seemed rather small in comparison–it was probably possible.

Yuta laughed, startling Toge, "Heh, sorry. It was just seeing you actually think about it was cute. I don't know if I want to stay in the food industry; it was just a thought, really."

Toge blushed. Yuta was the one being cute. All Toge was doing was trying to think of if it was something that he saw as a possibility. Then, Toge blushed an even deeper red and covered his face. The black-haired man had tricked him into thinking about their future together, not just what Yuta was capable of.

"I'm glad we got to meet. I've never met someone like you before, well, someone like me," Yuta said with a plain smile.

Toge wanted to ask what Yuta meant, but restrained himself, looking over the menu instead.

Yuta's fingers appeared at the top of the leather-bound menu. The silver-haired man stared at them for a moment, wondering what Yuta was reaching for. The silver-haired man glanced at Yuta, whose face had become more of a goofy grin than he expected.

"Hand," Yuta said.

Toge slowly reached up, planting his palm on top of Yuta's. The black-haired man's fingertips were cold. Was he still nervous to touch?

With one hand, Toge signed the letters, "C-o-l-d."

"My hands only feel cold because yours are so warm," Yuta said.

The waitress cut into the moment with a notable frown, "Have you decided what you would like?"

Toge went to pull his hand away, but Yuta gripped it tighter.

The black-haired man studied Toge with his ocean eyes, "Have you decided? Point and I'll order. You can just spell the meat temperature."

Toge pointed to the menu then spelled out his order and Yuta interpreted, "He would like the Tokyo Fillet set medium rare please. I'll have the same but make it rare with a ginger salad instead of the house salad."

Toge signed with one hand as best he could, "Me too!"

Yuta chuckled, "Okay, ginger salad for his as well."