chapter⁵

her dad's flower shop

a/n: starting to follow the movie plot now :>

☘️✼  ҉  ✼  ҉  ✼☘️

authors pov

08:31 AM. CANTERLOT HIGH

"have you seen it?" lightning asks, jogging over to y/n. the girl closes her locker, looking at him, confused. he looks at her with laugh. "you haven't seen it,"

"seen what, storm?" she laughs, watching him take out his phone. he goes on pony tube, showing y/n a video. the smile on her face falters as she watches it. "what the-"

she looks up, seeing the girl in the video walk past. twilight sparkle. she's pretty. but she looks so lost. and she watches as everyone snickers, pointing at the purple girl. she turns away from twilight, feeling guilty that she's doing the exact same.

"i'm want to assume sunset shimmer posted that?" she questions, looking at lightning who nods at her. "poor girl,"

"yeah, sunset shimmer is not the best," lightning says, lying his back against some unused lockers. "i need to do something, pretty. so i'll see you later, okay?"

"yeah," she smiles at him. he gives a quick hug, walking off as y/n watches with a smile. gosh, what he does to her. "um, hey!" y/n says, quickly walking over to twilight. 

"y/n?!"

"you know me?" y/n asks with a laugh. "i didn't think i was popular at all at chs,"

"well, i..." twilight falters, looking down. "you remind me of someone i know," twilight admits, making y/n hum. "uh-anyways! how can i help?"

"i was just wondering if you were okay?" y/n says. twilight can't help but smile. she's as nice as the y/n in equesteria. "with everyone looking at you and stuff," the two girls walk in sync, down the corridor. 

people are still looking at twilight but y/n doesn't care. 

"why are they looking at me-woah!" twilight gets dragged into a spare classroom, y/n walking inside. wondering who did drag her. 

"what are you-" twilight looks back, seeing rarity. "rarity?"

"you're in good hands, twilight sparkle,"  y/n says, realising that it is rarity. "i'll see you later,"

rarity looks at y/n, sadly as y/n walks off without giving her a glance. 

"are two not friends?" twilight asks, turning to rarity. 

"don't worry about that, darling!" rarity says, clapping her hands together. "let's find you something new to wear!"

☘️

with her hair tied up and away from her eyes, y/n continues to water the flowers in her dad's flower shop. it gave a him a good income, and gardening was his favourite hobby. and it's y/n's too. besides being an artist. y/n hopes one of her art pieces are going to be shown to the rest of the world. but for now, she's okay with only her family and lightning seeing it.  

"y/n!" m/n says, from the front of the shop. 

"mama?" y/n questions, feeling the petals on one of the plants. "what's up? another order? who is it?"

"sweetie, i think you should come out and see for yourself,"

y/n sighs, wiping her hands on her apron. if it's lightning, she'll slap him. he knows not to bother her when she's here, unless it's a dire emergency. 

"mama, who-" y/n falters, seeing fluttershy, applejack, rainbow dash, rarity, pinkie pie and twilight sparkle in the background. "i already sent the flowers for the fall formal..."

"we're not here to talk about that," rainbow dash says. 

"we're here to apologise," applejack says, taking off her hat. 

"apologise?" y/n repeats as m/n slips out the room. her daughter can handle this herself. 

"the picnic," fluttershy tells her. 

"oh, darling, we're so sorry," rarity says, looking at her. 

"twilight made us realise it was sunset that spilt us up," pinkie pie says, fiddling with her fingers. "she spilt me and rarity up. oh, and me and fluttershy! and apple jack and rainbow-" 

"i think she gets it, pinkie," rainbow dash says, putting a finger to the girl's lips. "when we were going out for the picnic, i got a text from you saying that you couldn't make it and if we could do it tomorrow,"

"what?" y/n says, her eyes going wide. "i didn't send any text,"

"that's what i said!" pinkie pie shouts. 

"pinkie..." rainbow dash whines. "anyways, i told everyone that and we were okay with that,"

"and then we we made it to the park and you weren't there..." apple jack starts. "we got confused,"

"and then we just stopped talking to each other and starting splitting up even more," y/n concludes. "oh my gosh...i'm sorry too," y/n says to everyone. "we should have just talked about this,"

"group hug?" pinkie pie suggests, making y/n nod. she walks out from the counter, hugging everyone as they all hug her back. 

"you too, twilight," y/n says, looking back at twilight sparkle, who smiles joining into the hug. 

"n/n, did you know twilight wants to be princess of the fall formal?"

"what?!"