Chapter 6 :- Shadowbound Threat

The next day as Jade and Ashley demonstrated the art of disarming in a sword fight, a sudden chill swept through the room, causing the atmosphere to tense. Their heads snapped around so fast that it seemed they might get whiplash. Sensing the urgency in their mentors' actions, the trio kept their weapons at the ready as Jade and Ashley swiftly exited the room.

Left alone, a sense of foreboding hung heavy in the air as the room plunged into darkness. Suddenly, a figure emerged from the shadows, shrouded in mystery and wearing a menacing mask. His presence sent shivers down the spines of the trio as he delivered his ominous message.

"Weapons at the ready," he commanded, his voice dripping with malice. "I will raise the Shadowbound. Tell the twins not to interfere this time. Enjoy playing with my pet."

He gave an evil laugh and with that, the mysterious figure vanished into the shadows, leaving the trio stunned and bewildered by the encounter. Without hesitation, they rushed out of the room to find Jade and Ashley, their hearts pounding with fear and uncertainty.

Outside, chaos reigned as Jade wielded his staff, unleashing blasts of fire to fend off a monstrous creature. Ashley appeared out of nowhere, moving with agility and grace as she ran along the walls, swiftly dispatching the beast with her sword.

Breathless and shaken, the trio relayed the encounter with the mysterious figure to Jade and Ashley. Recognizing the gravity of the situation, Ashley's expression hardened as she instructed them to return to their room for safety. As she dragged Jade to her room, the trio wondered what might have caused this reaction in her." Did you see them fight! That was so cool. I want to learn that. Then we can have duels!" said Sam turning toward Alex. "Right Alex?" he asked.  

Alex was deep in thought. "Who is the Shadowbound? And who was that guy? How did he appear out of the shadows? I just have so many questions!" he said. " The twins will answer all our questions brother." said June. But many questions clouded her mind as well. Why did Ashley drag Jade away? What was so important?