Blooming

"Nora's P.O.V"

"There you are, Hikari," I carried my tray full of food to the table where Hikari sat. "My first lesson was an emotional roller coaster,"

"Tell me everything," Hikari leaned closer.

"At the start, while we were stretching, Tsukai purposely moved to stretch next to me just to annoy me," I sighed, taking my first ever spoonful of the food here in Bloom Dance Academy. "Woah, the barbeque here is amazing."

"I heard the principal of this school, Mr. Reabloom, is a multi-millionaire. He hired 5-star chefs to make the meals of this school. Can you believe it?" Hikari chattered. No way... Could it be? No way, there's no way...

"No wonder this academy is so luxurious," I looked around, noticing chandeliers, red curtains everywhere, a glass cabinet of the dance academy's awards, and a picture of an old man... Wait, that looks like Richard Reabloom. The legend who died but is known as the richest dancer in the world.

"Who is that man on the picture frame? He looks familiar," I pointed.

"Oh, that's Mr. Reabloom's father, Richard Reabloom. Yes, the richest dancer in the world," Hikari explained. My jaw dropped.

"WHAT?! I suddenly don't feel like I deserve to be in this academy. Look how rich this place is," I melted into the table. "How do you know all this?"

Hikari showed me her phone, with all the details of the history of this dance academy. "It's all on the school website. It's a shame Richard Reabloom died a few years ago. He contributed a lot to the world, including donating 10 million dollars to the people in Palestine, organising and started a team to help clean the ocean, and so much more. He was a good person. I'm guessing his son created this academy in honour of his father,"

Now I understand the message Richard Reabloom once said to his fans a few years ago.

Life is important. We will all die one day, but it's better to die, knowing that you've contributed something to the world, whether it's having a job, donating money to charity, or even holding the door for someone, than dying, assuming that you'll be forgotten for the rest of eternity. – Richard Reabloom

"That's why this academy is called Bloom Dance Academy, because everyone has an opportunity to bloom once in their life," I concluded. "Now I consider Richard Reabloom as my new role model,"

Hikari chuckled. "So, you didn't finish explaining what happened with your first class yet? Keep explaining,"

"Do I have to?" I did a face-palm.

"Please, please, please!" Hikari begged.

"Ok, fine," I finally gave in. "The others did a run-through of the current dance they're learning for competitions this month. The choreo looked intense, but I think it's just because they gave it their all. Also, as much as I hate Tsukai, in my opinion, he's the best dancer in the class,"

"Ooooh! You're complimenting Tsukai!" Hikari exclaimed, not knowing that Tsukai was right behind her. Oh shoot.

"Nora? You're complimenting me? Not bad, Mousey. Keep it going, huh?" Tsukai winked at me while walking past. Is he a pervert? What is he on?

"Whatever, anyway I made a deal with Tsukai. If I can learn the dance by Thursday, he owes me a meal. However, if I can't, then I owe him one," I ate the last bite of my food.

"How hard is the dance?" Hikari wondered. I went on my phone to find the video Mrs. Froon sent me.

"Here," I gave Hikari my phone. I could see her mouth gradually open as she watched more of the video. Is it really that hard?