Unexpected Love

I sat, chilling with my brothers on the sandy floor of Vacay Island. No matter how much I loved my hairstyle, it sometimes was a pain when I was trying to do his stretches. I could hear Branch boasting with John Dory about his new songs he wrote, and suddenly the words "My buddies" caught the air. I stared in surprise when I realized those words came from Branch's mouth. Hadn't he said just before he didn't have any friends? Then who were these so-called "buddies"? Then, the sound of whistling filled the resort.

Me and my brothers all turned to the sound in alarm. Suddenly, Branch smiled. He whispered to me, "This is Kismet." They walked in perfect sync, and Branch ran up to join them. They all stopped and posed. My eyes fell across all of them and suddenly stopped on the last one on the right. He was a rainbow haired glitter troll with gold skin. When Kismet unfroze from their positions, he noticed me staring. He looked confused for a moment, and then gave me a small side smile. I blushed HARD and hid my face in my hair. What was wrong with me? What was this feeling...?

Kismet started by performing Better Place, the same song we'd sung to free each other from the diamond prisons. Suddenly, they offered for us to join them and we accepted. I mean, being pop trolls, we couldn't really not. I started dancing, and I realized that I was DANCING NEXT TO THE GLITTER TROLL. I was pretty certain I missed a few steps in surprise. I couldn't help but blush the WHOLE TIME. 

Finally, the performance was over. It was time to leave Vacay Island and head to Pop Village. I waved goodbye to Bruce, because he was staying with Brandy and his kids at the resort. I hopped into Rhonda and flopped on the couch. I watched as Branch talked with the rest of Kismet. Well, tried to watch. My eyes weren't on my younger brother like they should've been, but on the cute glitter troll. Wait, cute?! What was going on here?? Why was I thinking about him that way? Suddenly, without warning, Branch came in, followed by the rest of Kismet.

I couldn't help it, I almost panicked when the glitter troll headed my way. He smiled at me. "Hey," he said. His voice was soft and beautiful, and I just wanted to be able to be around it all the time. "I'm Boom. You're Floyd, right?" I blushed a bit. How much was I going to blush in one day? "Yeah," I said shyly. "You're brother has told me a lot about you." he chuckled. "You don't mind if I sit here, right?" I quickly made space for him. "Yeah, sure!" I said, a bit more enthusiastically than I meant to. Boom looked a bit taken a back, but he sat down anyway next to me. "Me and Kismet were going to stay the night at Vacay, but Branch convinced us to come with you guys in here." he explained. I smirked. "You're soon going to regret coming with us. We're heading into the ocean!" I said mischievously. Boom laughed, and I entered the water with happy bubbles bouncing threw my head.

We had to take a quick break to get all the water out of Rhonda. I stood alone, gazing at the sea's beauty. It almost remined me of Boom. I glanced back to look for him. He was chilling with the rest of Kismet. He caught me looking (again) and smiled back. Heck, I loved that smile. I sighed in content. Then that sweet voice said, "Hey," I jumped in surprise. I turned and saw Boom was standing there. "Thought I'd hang out with you." I stared in surprise and said:  

"No, you don't have to. I mean, if you want to you can, but if you don't you don't have to, I'm fine with that if you don't want to, I mean-" 

Boom place a hand on my shoulder and said, "Hey, just breath, 'kay? I get like this sometimes. But I do want to hang out with you, you don't need to worry." I took a few deep breaths. "Thanks," I said to Boom. "That helped. Where did you learn that?" Boom looked uncomfortable. "I-I used to take therapy before. The therapist taught me it. But i-it doesn't matter, right? That doesn't mean I'm broken and-" It was my turn to place my hand on Boom's shoulder. "Hey, calm down. It's okay. I used to take therapy. Back when I was younger. I used to cry, like, a lot. So my grandma decided to take me to therapy." Boom relaxed. "I like being with you," he said. Boom paused. "Ummmm, do you, um, want to come to the park with me tomorow? At 3.00 or something?" I laughed a bit. "Is this what you call a date?" I teased. "What? No. I mean, kinda, but, maybe not, or-" I laughed fully this time. "Calm down, bro. It's on."

I couldn't wait until tomorow!