Chip Switch

Riley's P.O.V

At school Leo and I were riding the elevator when it stopped Principal Perry was on the other side waiting for us.

"Dooley's!" She yelled pointing a finger at us. "What are you two doing in my elevator?!"

"I'm enjoying the music. Today is 'Love songs from the nineties." Leo explained. "Wanna dance?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I just didn't want to walk the stairs. But now I know I should have."

"Use the stairs! This is exactly how healthy kids become unhealthy adults." She began to lecture us.

I arched an eyebrow at her. "You really wanna have this conversation, right now?" I asked judging her healthy lifestyle.

She rolled her eyes. "For your information, I'm a speed walker. Perhaps you've seen me at the Mission Creek Mall giving the shoppers a little eye candy?"

Leo and I both made gaging faces. "I think I just threw up." I said placing a hand on my chest in disgust.

"That makes both of us." Leo nods.

"Listen up, Space-Fullers!" Principal Perry goes in the middle of the hallway. "This is emergency preparedness week. An emergency drill can happen at any time. So when the alarm sounds, you must evacuate the building in an orderly fashion-- like cattle, if cattle had acne... and braces... and a future filling up my gas tank." She laughs while the students give her a disgusting look. 

"Oh, man! I wish I had Bree's super-speed! Because you do not want to be stuck walking behind cows in an emergency." Adam complains. "Trust me on that."

Chase gave him a look. "You would trade your super-strength for Bree's super-speed?" He questioned his older brother. "Man, if I had your strength, I'd just run out of the building juggling those cows." 

"Yeah, and if I had your super-intelligence, I'd have walked away from this conversation thirty seconds ago," Bree stated. 

I shrugged my shoulders. "I kinda have all your powers into one." I pointed out that I didn't need to trade my magic. 

"You have everything besides super-intelligence." Leo teases which causes Adam to laugh. 

I shocked his elbow which caused him to yelp in pain. 

"Hey, you know what would be awesome? If you guys took our your bionic chips and switched your abilities." Leo suggested to the bionic siblings. 

The trio looked at each other. "Why can't we?" Chase asked liking the idea. 

"I call your super-smarts!" Bree shouts pointing dibs on her younger brother. 

Adam points to his younger sister. "I call your super-speed!" 

"I call your super-strength!"Chase said. 

"I called good looks and charisma. Oh, too late, already got 'em." Leo teases. I shocked his elbow again. "Would you quit doing that?" He rubbed his elbow. 

"Nope." I said popping the 'p'. 

---------

The next morning everyone was at the lab getting ready to watch the bionic siblings do the chip switch.

"If you guys are gonna switch your chips before, before school. Don't you think you should run this by Davenport first? In case something goes wrong?" I asked not liking this idea from Leo. It would be cool to see how they'll handle each other's abilities but kinda scary to see Chase lose his smarts.