Back From The Future

Riley's P.O.V

Everyone was down in the lab waiting for Davenport to give us our next assignment. "Okay, your mission supplies are packed, the schematics have been uploaded into Chase's chip, and your transport is on the way." Davenport starts explaining. "Did I forget anything?"

"No, we'll just guess what the mission is and see how it all plays out." Bree points out seeing he forgot that part.

I held out my hand. "And that you forgot you owe me $20 bucks."

Davenport frowns pushing my hand away. "All right. A particle collider is a three-mile-long underground facility where scientists--"

"Race subatomic particles at each other at light speed for energy experiments." Chase finishes explaining as he stands next to Davenport and they both giggle. "So cool!"

"I know," Davenport says geeking out too. They both do this weird nerd handshake.

I looked at them in disgust. "He's still lucky he's cute," I muttered.

"There is a particle collider in Berkeley that is accelerating out of control, and your mission is to shut it down," Davenport explains more of our mission.

Adam starts getting excited. "Oh! ho! Awesome! I hope one of us knows how to do that." He whispers that last part.

"Okay. We have to act quickly. The scientists that operate the facility--- 'Scuuuuse me--"Davenport goes over to the computer Leo was working on and scoots his chair away. "Have already evacuated the control center, and if we don't shut it down in time, it will create a massive black hole that will implode the entire planet."

"Now that sounds awesome," I said getting excited myself. Bree chuckles at my amusement for destruction.

"Today?!" Leo asked. "No, that's not gonna work. Today's Shelly Evans's birthday and her mom makes the best cupcakes!" Leo points out.

We gave him a confused face. "I'm just sayin'. That woman doesn't skimp on the sprinkles." Leo mentioned.

I nod my head. "That she does." I agreed with my brother.

"Don't worry, Leo, you'll get your cupcakes. Adam, Bree, Chase, and Riley have all the training they need to shut the collider down." Davenport assured my brother as we followed him to a different console.

"I don't know, Big D. I think these guys are gonna need some...🎵Back-up🎵!" Leo sang the last part while doing a pose.

"Yeah, and that's why you're gonna be 🎵Backup🎵here in the lab with me," Davenport says mocking the boy a bit.

The rest of us laughed. "Oh, he said 'Back-up' and you said 'Backup'. Saying things twice makes it funny!" Adam said with a laugh. "Oh! Saying things twice makes it fun--" I got annoyed so I shocked him when he put his elbow on my shoulder. "Ow!" Adam backs away his elbow. "Hey, she shocked me!" He whined.

"It was the only way to shut you up." I simply said as Bree and Chase laughed.

Then all of a sudden a blue ball appeared in the middle of the lab. "No, no, no!!!!" Someone shouted.

We screamed when a man randomly appeared. Adam jumps on Chase while Bree and I hold each other and Leo gets behind Davenport.

"Nobody panic! Probably just the cable guy." Davenport tried to assure us.

The man took off his sunglasses and smiled. "Come on, Big D, I just came from seven years in the future. Your time machine actually worked!" The guy that strangely looked like an older version of Leo steps out from the chair. "It's me! Leo!" Everyone's jaw dropped to the floor.