Prologue: Introduction

After everything involving the events  of the killing game happened, Shuichi Saihara decided to do his best to move on with his life and try to live it normally. But how could he? He witnessed most of his friends die off whether it be execution or murdered by another friend. He even lost the one person he was closest to: Kaede Akamatsu. All of those thoughts scrambled through his head as Shuichi tried to push them to the back of his mind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few years later, Shuichi managed to get a job as a detective after finishing university. Even though he enjoyed it, he still couldn't help but think of his friends and the killing game entirely. Before, he would've shed a few tears in honor of those he lost along the way. But now though, he smiles gently and remembers all the good times he's shared with them, even though they aren't by his side to remember those memories anymore.

Everything was going well for Shuichi. He got himself a nice girlfriend who sympathized with what happened to him during the killing game. He took her out on dates once a week to various locations which ended with them snuggling on the couch and watching a movie.

Throughout the next decade of his life, Shuichi lived everyday to the fullest extent and eventually mostly forgot everything that happened. He got to marry the love of his life and go on an amazing honeymoon with her. One day however, she announced she was pregnant. Shuichi was in total shock as a flood of emotions flowed into him. On one hand, he was ecstatic at the thought of being a father. On the other hand, he wasn't sure he would be a good father and questioned himself. His wife did her absolute best to cheer him up and encourage him.

Only 6 months after Shuichi and his wife announced their pregnancy, their little girl was finally born. While discussing name ideas for their baby, Shuichi's wife blurted out the name "Makoto." Shuichi freezed up at that name. He remembered him being a fictional character after learning the truth about Danganronpa all those years ago. Trying to avoid conflict, Shuichi slowly nodded his head in agreement. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now a 15-year old girl, Makoto was wandering around the city she and her family lived in. All of a sudden, she saw an abandoned building. She ran over to it since she's always been curious about abandoned things. She looked up at the old sign but couldn't make out what it said. Instead, she went into the alley next to it and noticed something shiny. She picked the item up and identified it as an old DVD.  Quickly, she put it into her pocket and ran back home.

As soon as Makoto got home, she went to her dad and asked if he knew what would be on it.

"No, sweetie. I have no idea what would be on it," Shuichi gently told her, "Where did you get that anyway?"

"I found it in an alleyway next to an abandoned building!" she replied excitedly.

"What did I tell you about doing stuff like that?"

She let out a sigh.

"I know, I know, but this is cool! What if it has something that no one else has viewed before?!" Makoto grinned as she talked, "Anyway, do we have a DVD player?"

"Yes, it should be in the garage next to the old broom."

"Thank you!" she yelled, already in the garage.

Makoto searched for the old broom and saw it in the corner. Next to it, was the DVD player. She picked it up and went back to her room with it. 

She finished setting it up and popped the DVD right in and sat back, waiting for it to start playing.

(A/N: I apologize if this is written horribly. I'm honestly just using Wattpad as a place to hold this first draft. I promise the final product won't be like this. I'll post it on AO3.)