Shade#2 (C.O.F.): What's yours is mine

CUT TO: BEDROCK, AR

EXT. SOUTH END; CONVENIENCE STORE - LATE AFTERNOON

A COUPLE OF LAKESIDE CREW MEMBERS WALK INTO A CONVENIENCE STORE AND APPROACH THE COUNTER. THE CLERK ATTEMPTS TO HIDE HIS NERVOUSNESS WITH A SMILE AND LAKESIDE CREW GRUNT#1 GRIMACES AT HIM.

[Lakeside Crew Grunt#1]

What's the matter with you? You gotta piss or something?

[Clerk]

Nah, I'm... I'm good.

[Lakeside Crew Grunt#1]

Well, will you stop making that face? You weirding me out and I get shot at for a livin'.

LAKESIDE GRUNT#2 LOOKS AT THE CLERK.

[Lakeside Crew Grunt#2]

Shit, whatever he smoking, I want some.

[Lakeside Crew Grunt#1]

There will be time for that later. Right, I'm sure that our friend knows what we came in here for.

[Clerk]

Oh, yeah, it's collection day.

[Lakeside Crew Grunt#1]

Collection for your protection.

LAKESIDE CREW GRUNT#1 LIGHTLY TAPS LAKESIDE CREW GRUNT#2.

[Lakeside Crew Grunt#1]

You see what I did?

[Lakeside Crew Grunt#2]

Nigga, who do you think you are? Bullhorn? Just get the money so we can get the hell up outta here.

LAKESIDE CREW GRUNT#1 SMACKS HIS TEETH IN DISAPPOINTMENT.

[Lakeside Crew Grunt#1]

Man, niggas always hating.

LAKESIDE CREW GRUNT#1 TURNS HIS ATTENTION BACK TO THE CLERK.

[Lakeside Crew Grunt#1]

Anyway, I suppose I should get down to business. Make it snappy. I want to take some of my friends for a joyride. Benjamin, Jackson, Lincoln. Grant and Washington are bastards but they can ride along too.

[Clerk]

Listen, business has been a little tight lately—!

[Lakeside Crew Grunt#1]

Don't go trying to give me excuses. Come on, we've known each other for how long? You think I'm gonna fall for that?

[Clerk]

I'm here every day, man. I'm telling you business has been slow.

LAKESIDE CREW GRUNT#1 SIGHS, LEANS AGAINST THE COUNTER, AND LOOKS THE CLERK IN THE EYE INCREDIOUSLY.

[Lakeside Crew Grunt#1]

You know, I saw Angie walking home earlier today. She got some new jeans, I've seen her in those before.

THE CLERK GLARES AT LAKESIDE CREW GRUNT#1. LAKESIDE CREW#1 LAUGHS.

[Lakeside Crew Grunt#1]

Oh, come on, don't get mad. She looks good in them, trust me. She probably gave you some puppy dog eyes and you couldn't say no, but you know you've got other obligations. I mean, if anything I wanna unwrap that snicker she got, you know what I'm saying?

THE CLERK GLARES AT LAKESIDE CREW GRUNT#1 AND HE CHUCKLES. LAKESIDE CREW GRUNT#1 FLASHES HIS PISTOL IN HIS WASTEBAND.

[Lakeside Crew Grunt#1]