12. Freaky

Owen liked that Amelia was adventurous with sex. Well, adventurous wouldn't be the word he would describe it as, it was more that she was eccentric and perverse with it. It made for incredible sex, and he had no problem fulfilling her desires at the expense of getting to be a part of them.

Except for the part where he remembered the things they'd been doing the night before, whilst standing right next to her in the OR. It wasn't that he was distracted, he was completing the surgery perfectly, textbook. But every time he glanced at her, thoughts of what they were doing last night kept popping into his head. It was clouding his ability to hear anything other than her moans.

"No, here, in front of the mirror."

"Are you sure?" he asked, surprised.

Amelia nodded, her heart pounding in her chest. She knew this was what she wanted, needed even. "I want you to see the look on my face when you make me lose control." He was shocked to hear the words come out of her mouth, but he wasn't opposed to it.

Owen stepped closer to her and pressed his body against hers. He turned her around so that her back was against his chest. He swallowed hard, his eyes darkening with desire as he looked at her in the mirror. He began to kiss her neck softly, and Amelia moaned and tilted her head, giving him more access. She could feel his erection pressing against her back, and it only added to her desire.

Their eyes were locked in the mirror as he slowly undressed her, his hands skimming over her skin and sending shivers down her spine. They both knew that what they were about to do would take their relationship to a new level. He began to caress her, his fingers tracing every curve and dip. Amelia couldn't help but watch in the mirror, her breath coming in short pants as she saw the way Owen was touching her. She could see that he adored her, and it made her feel self-conscious and vulnerable. So she closed her eyes, savoring the feel of his touch.

But when Owen leaned in close to her ear and whispered, "Look at yourself, Amelia," she froze.

"...and Meredith and Derek are still fighting about this stupid DC job," Amelia rambled on, not knowing where his mind was, "Which means Meredith hates me too, now." She looked up and noticed that Owen was completely immersed in the surgery, ignoring her, and it made her feel worried. Perhaps he didn't want anything serious, and they had gone too far last night. She remembered the intense eye contact, the heated kisses, the passionate touches. Amelia sighed and shook her head, trying to push away the memories.

Whatever. Men are assholes, she thought as she finished her last subcutaneous stitch in the man's abdomen. She should've never opened up to him like that.

She tried to avert her gaze, feeling too exposed and vulnerable, but Owen's hand on her chin held her firmly in place. "Look at yourself," he repeated, his passionate gaze meeting hers in the mirror. "You're beautiful, Amelia. And I want you to see it."

Their intense eye contact sent a jolt of electricity through their bodies, and they both could feel the building tension. Owen moved his hand down between Amelia's legs, eliciting a gasp from her.

"Owen," she whispered as she looked at him, their eyes locked in an intimate gaze.

"Owen?" Amelia called, and he snapped his head up quickly, "I was asking if you wanted to keep the foreign body for the patient?"

"Oh, yeah sure," he mumbled mindlessly, going back to work on removing the man's spleen.

Amelia's eyes locked with Owen's in the mirror, and her breath caught in her throat. She had never seen such earnestness in his eyes before. She could tell that they were both reaching their edge, and the severity of their gazes only added to the pleasure they were feeling.

Their bodies seemed to move in perfect synchronization, their eyes never leaving each other's as they both fell deeper into the passion of the moment. The mirror in front of them showed the two of them lost in each other, the tension in their eyes only growing with each passing second.

And then, just as they both reached the edge, their eyes locked one last time in the mirror as they gave in to the pleasure coursing through their bodies, reaching a simultaneous climax.

Afterwards, they stood together in front of the mirror, their bodies still pressed against each other, catching their breath and looking into each other's eyes with love and contentment.

"I never knew you had such a naughty side, Amelia Shepherd," he said with a chuckle. She giggled.

Celebrating the end of her part of the procedure, Amelia cheered softly, "Well, looks like my badass stitch worked."

Owen suddenly perked up at the change in her tone, looking at the stitch. "That isn't standard for this procedure, Dr. Shepherd."

Amelia looked down at the stitch, then looked at Owen, wiggling her eyebrows. "The wound will heal faster. What's a little rule breaking?"

He scoffed then chuckled. "Naughty girl." Although Amelia had been the one to feel vulnerable last night, he felt vulnerable now as he looked at her, realizing what he had just said. To his horror, the words slipped out of his mouth and Amelia's entire face turned red in embarrassment.

She knew exactly what he was talking about, and it brought back memories of their night together. Their colleagues in the OR were taken aback by Owen's words, but they brushed it off as an innocent slip.

However, Amelia couldn't focus on the surgery after that. She was too flustered and the memory of their hot and steamy mirror sex was distracting her. Owen could see her struggling and discreetly touched her hand to calm her down. She was grateful for his gentle reminder that she was not alone in her attraction.

With his touch, Amelia was able to regain her composure and they were able to successfully complete the surgery. But as soon as they were out of the OR, Amelia turned to face Owen with a sly smile on her face.

"Naughty girl, huh?" she teased him, causing Owen to blush and grin sheepishly.

Their little mishap in the OR only brought them closer together, as they laughed off the incident and shared a knowing look.