Something Told Me It Was Over

Zhongli x Reader x OC

A/N: I wrote this up rq because I need a break from writing the next chapter of 'Keep Your Eyes Peeled' Which will be out in a week or two. I know I posted earlier tonight but I am proud of it.

Warnings: Cheating, Heartbreak, Angst, Smut (mentioned), Not Proof Read, Alcohol/Addiction To Alcohol

Song name: I'd Rather Go Blind by Etta James

Something told me it was over.

You look out the window your heart hurting

When I saw you and her talking

You watch as Zhongli talks with the ash-haired girl her grey eyes peering up at him in lust, his eyes reflecting like a mirror

Something deep down in my soul said 'Cry Girl'

You sigh as the two of them walk away "And right in front of my work too." you huff stabbing the needle particularly hard through the fabric, you suspected for a while he found someone better someone who looks exactly like her you put the needle down after poking your finger an angry growl escaping your lips, you cusp you face in your hands.

You would never blame Guizhong for holding his heart, and you'd never hate her but you sure as hell are beginning to hate him. Your fists pull on your hair "I thought you said you'd be truthful to me baby" you whimper.

Once a liar always a liar even if he was a god.

When I saw you and that girl, walking out

"Darling ho-"

"Save it" you brush past him and into your bedroom. He follows you "Have I done something to upset you?" Zhongli touches your shoulder "Get your grimy hands off me!" you shout suddenly keeping your face away from him as the first tear falls "You don't deserve me" is all you say, you pick up a bag, and begin filling it with clothes. You don't look at him once but you know he is crying "I'm sorry" he whispers "You don't get to say sorry Zhongli" You push past him and grab your coat "I'll grab my stuff on a later date" and the sound of the door slamming rings through his ears. He falls to his knees but won't go after you that's the least he could do to help you.

You came back for your items leaving everything he gifted you. He watches from the couch an empty bottle of osmanthus wine on the table, his eyes red and raw from crying he wishes he would find the courage to beg you to stay but he knows it's too late. You make sure to rub salt in the wound by placing your engagement ring in front of him on the table, the beautiful cor lapis gem shimmering holding onto the memories of a love that once lived, a fire that could have burned brighter but was extinguished by a cold rain, only smoke to remain as it flies to the sky.

I would rather, I would rather go, blind boy,

A smile paints your face as you walk hand in hand with your lover Mùyáng his lips in a grand grin as he twirls you around him "Mùyáng!" you playfully scold as he dips you before pulling you back up. Only a few weeks ago he had confessed after you both danced around each other for some time "I brought you here because I wanted to confess something to you" he says as you both sit on Cuijue slope looking over the pools "I have felt this for quite some time now, but when I'm around you my heart seems to speed up, and my face gets hot. And every time I see you happy I swoon" He confesses his pretty brown eyes peering at you as your eyes widen and your cheeks flush "I feel the same Mùyáng" You sigh pulling him into your arms and kissing his nose. He pulls you in for a deep kiss. Zhongli watches as the both of you hold each other talking about good times, tears on the brim of his eyes.