Rainy Day Curry

A/N: This is a long one, and you can tell where I got hungry and very invested and lonely, I also struggled with the sugar daddy part but I did add a little bit to introduce the dynamic because I don't work with it a lot but I hope this answers your ask Iand that this fills you with warmth reading it the way it did writing it. 

Ask: can I request a modern-time Zhongli x reader age gap trope where the reader is 22 and Zhongli is 31, it's like a CEO x secretary scenario almost like a sugar daddy kind of relationship but a wholesome one, it could be suggestive but not smut.

(Facial features, body shape, and skin color are not mentioned and any readers who may align with her/her or she/they are welcome to this work of Fanfiction)

Warnings: Rain a lot of rain, OOC Zhongli (For like two seconds), Cats, Cheesy movies (The Princess Bride), spoilers (The Princess Bride), falling in love, Tumblr being toxic and gaslighting me about character limits, Good food that will make you hungry, Pure fluff, Sharing a bed.

Song recs: (It's been a) Long Long Time by Kitty Kallen, Come Away With Me by Norah Jones, Sunrise by Norah Jones, La Foule by Edith Piaf, Bygone Days by Joe Hisaishi, The Time Of Cherries by Tokiko Kato

What kind of chocolate would Zhongli be? Dark chocolate with caramel filling and sea salt on top of course.

Cold fall rain pours on the tall buildings. Cars driving down the wet streets, you type out a document on your monitor the light illuminating the barely lit room, only a few lamps that cast a warm orange glow across the room keeping the atmosphere from being uncanny, you sip hot tea from the mug its calming aroma wafting through your senses providing warmth through your bones. Your boss works on the other side of a big burnt umber door with gold embellishments. He is currently meeting with Ningguang CEO of Jade Chamber Bank or JCB for short, you put the mug down and stretch your arms above your head looking over at the time 2:57 PM, eighteen minutes until the meeting is over then you can go home.

You sigh and finish your tea, standing from your chair letting your legs stretch and wake up for a moment, then walking towards the kitchen to wash your cup placing it on the drying rack. You hear Zhongli's voice as he opens the door for Ningguang "When should we meet again for the finalizing?" She inquires "I would discuss that with my secretary she knows when I have a free day." He hums peeking his head out the door to see if you're there "Very well then, It was pleasant seeing you again Mr. Zhongli" You walk back into the room as Ningguang goes to leave "It was nice meeting you Ma'am have a good afternoon" you say nodding your head towards her, she sends you a smile "Nice meeting you as well secretary" she waves her hand back at you her gold heels clicking on the marble floors towards the door and walking into the hallway. You smile at the woman her confidence radiating wherever she goes, you go to head back to your desk but Zhongli's silky voice stops you "Can you come in here for a moment?" "Yes sir" You Respond walking towards his office he holds the door open for you, and you walk over only for you to plop down in one of the comfy seats in front of his desk. He sits in his office chair his amber eyes focusing on you as he laces his fingers together and his elbows on his desk "I have a proposal for you" he hums "Oh? And that is?" You ask genuinely curious. "I need a companion of sorts" he looks away from you 'Is he embarrassed?' you wonder "What kind of companion?" tilting your head to the side and slightly raising a brow he takes in a deep breath "I need you to be my girlfriend" he admits his eyes meeting yours, you feel your face heat "Mr. Zhongli t-that's widely unprofessional" you look down at your palms "Wait before you assume" he puts a hand up "I simply need you to help me out for a few weeks, I need to stop relieve some stress" his voice remains steady "It'll come with pay" his eyes making you nervous as you look at him "Can I have time to mull it over?" you ask looking at the clock on the wall 3:15 PM "Yes, please give me your answer as soon as possible so I can have time to prepare" he sighs. You agree and quickly slip out of his office pressing against the cold wood of the door.