Eight, 𝐇𝐨𝐧𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐬

Start from the beginning

Once reaching the table room, Erwyna seated herself in the only unoccupied chair while staring at the wall, repeating those three words in her head; I love her.

Another agent entered the room after a while along with the missing agents before placing a cooler down. The female agent took a finger out of the cooler while Erwyna just stared at it, now voicing her thought process out loud.

"I am in love. I am in love. I am in love."

Erwyna received plenty of odd glances as the victim's family, more so the mother, freaked out. But she didn't care, she was in love. She was in love with Emily Prentiss again. Or, perhaps, she never fell out of love with Emily Prentiss, she just chose to suppress these feelings for years. It wasn't that she wanted to be Emily Prentiss, but that she wanted to be with Emily Prentiss.

Her gaze eventually migrated to the victim's daughter. She could vaguely understand what she and her mother were speaking about as it was in Russian, but what she could understand were their reactions. The mother was breaking down and while Emily comforted her, the daughter was abnormally calm. Even as she recited what the ransom note translated into English, she didn't shed a tear. Erwyna thought this was extremely odd, but she didn't voice it. It was probably just her doubting every single thing now, because how could she be in love with both Elle and Emily? Or was Emily the only one?

"Wire $100,000 to Nadka bank account, number 155293846729 by tomorrow noon. If you don't, you'll receive another body piece then and every six hours after."

Spencer was also visibly appalled by this woman's ability to read the note without seeing it. "That's it exactly?"

"Exactly. I'll never forget it."

"There's no personalization, no salutation? It's not addressed to anyone? Your father's name isn't mentioned specifically?"

The woman shook her head while she responded, "No."

 "That's odd."

Erwyna felt the same way. What is a ransom note if it's not addressed to anyone in specific? Impractically, this note could be meant for someone else with as little personalization with how cryptic it was.

"Most ransom notes are personalized. Frightens the families to know that they've been specifically chosen, watched for a time."

Scoffing, Erwyna glanced over at the note, reading the words she knew and concluding that the woman hadn't tried to fake the translation. "It doesn't even say to call the police."

"Russian expats don't have the greatest experience with their home government. They tend not to trust officials." Emily's voice rang from beside both her mother and the man's wife.

With an extreme look of concern placed on his face, Gideon stated, "Well, there's another reason they aren't worried. According to the note, they aren't planning on contacting them again."

Hotch crossed his arms, already feeling defeated. "It's completely self-contained. They expect their instructions to be followed."

"We don't have $100,000." The daughter admitted.

"They seem to think that you do."

As an odd addition, Garcia was already in the room as Hotch requested, "Garcia, can you get any information on the account?"

"I'm already checking. The account number does seem to correspond with that bank."