Red Swordsman Vs Crimson Oni

Adams House

It has been a few weeks since Nate discovered the new power of Ghost. After a good night's rest, He, Whisper, and Jibanyan recounted their adventure to Hidabat who was astonished by this new ability. Afterward, Hidabat went to see if he could find even more relics that belonged to the icons of Nate's book. Meanwhile, Nate began to practice using the Eddison Eyecon while also enjoying the rest of his spring break. Eventually, though, he ran into more yo-kai trouble, Cynake who caused trouble for Nate's parents on Mother's Day, and after spring break, Rockabelly who made nearly everyone at school make their bellies 'dance' while having weird faces drawn on it. Neither yo kai made Nate have to transform but they were still annoying. Today was the weekend and Nate was reading his manga while Whisper lazily dozed off while floating around the room.

At that moment, Hidabat opened the closet and peeked through. "Nate I have some good news." at Hidabat's statement Nate put down his manga and Whisper also woke up. Nate approaches Hidabat with Whisper next to him, both having curious looks. "What's the good news Hidabat?" Hidabat dug through the closet before handing Nate a package and motioning him to open it. When Nate did just that it revealed that inside was a black katana scabbard with golden wrapping on it "OK all I see is a scabbard for a katana. If you planned to give Nate a spare sword then I think you forgot the actual sword." Whisper commented. 

Hidabat simply shakes his head before pointing at the scabbard. "That's not just any scabbard, that's the scabbard that held the sword of Miyamoto Musashi." Nate and Whisper were shellshocked "NO WAY!! Really!? Whisper do you have any idea just who Musashi is!?" Nate said to his butler. Whisper then began to geek out. " Do I!? He was a legendary swordsman who was best known for founding his double-bladed sword technique, The Niten Ichi-ryū!" Whisper shouted in excitement. It was a testament to how big a fan of Musashi, Whisper was that he knew all of that information without looking at his Yo-Kai Pad. Whisper then immediately looked at the scabbard in Nate's hands like a fanboy who just got their autograph signed. "To think, we would have the honor of having his scabbard in our possession."

Hidabat nodded his head "That's right. Since Musashi was in the book I managed to track down and acquire his scabbard. From what I could gather of your battle with Drizzle When Nate showed his quick thinking and determination I believe he proved himself to Edison thus giving Nate the ability to use Edison's power. It stands to reason that if Nate can prove himself to Musashi he might be able to use his power as well. However, I'm not very sure how Nate can prove himself to Musashi." Nate and Whisper paid attention to every word nodding along.

Nate wraps the scabbard at his hip. "Well, we managed to figure out how to use Edison's power eventually. I'm sure that I'll be able to prove myself to Musashi as well." Nate honestly had no idea what would make Musashi acknowledge him but he is sure he can figure it out eventually. "Nate." his attention shifts to the sound of his mom. "I need to run an errand. I'll be back in a little while." Lily called to her son. "Nate gave a curt "Got it" Lily frowned in Nate's direction "Please don't leave the house I'm expecting an important delivery" Nate responded while focused on the scabbard "Kay" Lily's frown deepened "I'm serious! please don't go anywhere okay." Lily shouts, showing how serious she is "Alright alright, I get it."

After finishing admiring the scabbard his stomach starts to grumble. "Oh man, I'm kinda hungry." Whisper's stomach grumbles too "Me too, I could use a snack right about now" Nate then remembers what he had saved "Right! there's still a cream-filled donut from Banter Bakery in the kitchen." Whisper looks excited at that "Really?" Nate and Whisper then head downstairs while singing about eating donuts. However, When they go to the kitchen there is no donut. "It's Gone!! I left the donut right here but it's gone! Did you eat it !?" Nate points an acusing finger at Whisper who quickly denies it "Never, there is no way I would eat a tasty treat without the express permission of its owner."