I'm Not Looking For Love - George Russell

Start from the beginning

"how about we go eat tonight somewhere?" George proposed after the two of you were speaking in the merch stand as he signed some caps, one of the other sellers there looked at you and looked away. "not somewhere fancy of course." He mentioned side eyeing you slightly just to see your kind of reaction.

"oh sure, why not?" You smiled, he sighed relieved.

"okay, so... after qualy?" He asked, you nodded in agreement.

"sure thing!" You accepted, he then after signing some other two he announced his goodbyes and started to leave before the stand filled with people and he had a swarm around. Later in the day, the dinner had gone nicely, it was a quiet dinner in a local restaurant nearby making it truly a wonderful experience for the both of you mainly because it wasn't something so fancy just like George had offered, so it was for the both of you something very comforting and for you a friends-date. 

George and you walked back to where you were staying at and shared some comments about the evening, such as how good the food was, how you missed hanging out with each other and how it just seemed like yesterday when the two of you made such a special bond out of thin air, and up until the door for your room was in front of you it was a truly enjoyable time next to George just the two of you.

"you didn't really need to walk me to my room." You laughed.

"oh I mean, we were talking very smoothly so why end the conversation in the fifth floor right?" He asked, you shrugged and agreed. 

"thank you anyway, it was really lovely I hadn't enjoyed myself for a while... thank you for giving me an amazing experience." You hugged him, he wrapped his arms around you.

"it's not a problem..." He mentioned, you pulled out slightly of the hug just to check on him as his voice was soft and quiet, he leaned in and kissed you, you widened your eyes and after a few seconds of processing what was happening you pulled away.

"I'm so sorry George I... I think I misled you..." You apologized. "you're an amazing friend... and I'm sure that if I was ready I would... try something with you but I'm not looking for love right now..." You apologized, he gasped.

"shit, no! I'm sorry I totally read the room completely wrong!" He apologized now. "oh god... I'm so sorry you're completely right." He massaged his face. "I didn't mean to fuck this up, I'm really sorry." He apologized once again.

"you didn't fuck anything up! I'm just not ready to be in a relationship again... I have a few things to work on still..." You said, he nodded.

"I'm truly sorry." He continued.

"don't worry about it okay? simple mistake!" You assured him, you opened the door to your room. "look, let's talk about it in the morning, okay? I want to keep being your friend if that's okay... let's talk about it when we don't have wine in our system... yeah?" You proposed, he nodded agreeing. "sleep well George." You mentioned entering your room, he replied the same and walked away regretful.

After that, the rest of the month was somewhat uncomfortable, it seemed like it took a really hard turning point in the friendship that there was a misunderstanding with the date but still had some moments of not having awkward silences which were less and less through the month, and it seemed like the weird moment between him and you were gone, that moment was almost forgotten and left in the past because of how the confidence was more present than the awkwardness while speaking with each other or trying to go out again to enjoy a good time like the last time. You started noticing that he was starting to speak more to one of the other workers in the stand, mainly because one time George almost knocked over a table when arriving when you weren't there and your coworker helped him get everything back up and since then they started talking a little more, George basically balanced speaking with you and your coworker but still for you it seemed like he was speaking a lot more to her than to you making you feel slightly left out because you had made yourself used to the fact that George spoke mainly to you, or so you had thought, because you just wanted to leave that awful feeling behind, George wasn't bound to only be your friend and that was something that you had for sure in your mind without a doubt and it felt weird to have some sort of jealousy to him in that aspect, you didn't expect him to have you only as his friend around where you were, it's not like you wanted all his attention on you of course, that was weird, but it was something else that was bothering you and that it was stuck in your mind but couldn't put your finger around it.