You're Gonna Go Far | Jessie Flemming x chelsea!reader

Summary; The news of Jessie leaving hits you hard but your bond is stronger

Words; 2.2k

Pairing; Jessie Flemming x chelsea reader

Warnings; just sadness (soz)

A/N; I'm not even a Chelsea fan but when this news came out about her transfer I did start crying because I know how much that team means to her and then it led me to inspiration for this blurb. This may not be accurate as to how she's leaving but it's how I'm imagining it because I love making people cry (sorry y'all) This song is also my favourite Noah song and I thought it fit pretty well. I'm sorry for the pain you're about to feel but hopefully you enjoy reading it.

After a long day of training in preparation for the match in two days, all you and Jessie wanted to do was lay down and enjoy the quiet together. So after a quick dinner and some TV, it was officially time for bed and you were both more than relieved as you headed to the bedroom of your shared apartment.

You had been living together for almost a year, being together for almost 3 years now since your arrival to Chelsea in 2020 alongside her. It didn't take long for you and Jessie to drift towards each other during training and bonding nights, eventually evolving from friends into lovers, which didn't take long at all.

Now here you both were, cuddled up in bed together and basking in the silence after a tough training day. But as you laid your head on Jessie's chest you could tell something was on her mind, she had been preparing to say something for the last few minutes but stopped herself before she could.

"You okay?" You sat up slowly next to her, turning your head to look at her in the low light of the room, a sliver of moonlight shining through the curtains, reaching down and placing a loving squeeze on her thigh.

"Hmmm?" Jessie looked down at you, not fully catching your question as she was in her head.

"What's going on in that pretty head of yours?" You brushed a small curling back behind her hair, watching her visibly relax at your touch, a soft smile donning her face.

She inhaled quickly, thinking about how she could say what she needed to say to you, knowing it would pain you as much, if not more than her.

"I-" She paused and finally looked into your eyes. "I'm leaving Chelsea." It was just above a whisper, but as soon as the words came out your heart dropped.

"What?" You thought for a second she might be joking, but from her expression you knew it was real. "What do you mean?" You whispered again and she looked away, unable to look at you, a tear slipping down her face. She had gotten the call two days ago from her agent, and then Emma, saying that she was being transferred and that there was nothing else to be done. She was being sold and she had no choice.