Gnomeo and Juliet | Alanna Kennedy x reader

Summary; Two players steal each other's hearts and keep it from everyone because they know how controversial their relationship could be to their club's rivalry

Summary; Two players steal each other's hearts and keep it from everyone because they know how controversial their relationship could be to their club's rivalry. OR Y/N and Alanna soft launching their relationship over time until they decide to share it. *Features social media posts.*

Pairings; Alanna Kennedy x Manchester United reader

Words; 2.2k

Warnings; swearing (i think that's it)

A/N; i literally love alanna so much and don't think there are enough posts about her so naturally i write one. i just thought this was cute and different from a chelsea v arsenal rivalry (though i really love those). enjoy and please give it some love and feedback xx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lioness star Y/N Y/L/N set to leave her club of four years, Brighton & Hove Albion W.F.C, and join Manchester United W.F.C on a two year contract at the beginning of the 2023/2024 season.

You had really valued your time at Brighton, starting your senior career there and blossoming into a strong forward for both the club and the England Senior Women's team, better known as The Lionesses.

But when the offer from Manchester United came in at the end of last season, you knew it was the right move. Leaving the team you had come to know and love was tough to say the least but the adventure before you sounded a lot more exciting. So during the break before pre-season began, you made the move to Manchester and took a few days to settle into your new home and surroundings.

Manchester was very different from Brighton; no beach and much bigger city life, but it was a good different. You had found that everything in Manchester was so much closer, and in great reach of your new club and housing.

You had officially settled into your new home, very quickly making it feel just like your last one, then decided to go exploring through the city. The first thing a person would normally do would probably be going shopping or searching for a new café to become the regular, but you had spotted the Manchester Art Gallery and decided to go in.

It was quiet, as expected for midday on a Wednesday when most people were at work, but you found it peaceful. It was a break from the regular hustle and bustle of your regular life as a professional footballer.

It wasn't until a particular painting caught your eyes that you realised someone else was in there, because you quite literally walked into them.

"Shit. I'm so sorry." You apologised quickly to the taller person, picking up their phone you had knocked out of their hand, from the floor. "Here..." Your voice trailed off as you met bright blue eyes while handing them their phone.