Chapter twenty-eight - the end of this relationship

Start from the beginning

I swallow my saliva, parking in front of the building. My friend is right. I have to finally take a step, otherwise we will stand in this friendship like idiots. I want Charles to love me, I want him to be mine and I want to be able to say he's my boyfriend. I nod, agreeing with Daniel.

We both get out of the car, and I lock it behind us and walk towards the front door. I'm stressed as hell about meeting this man and not being able to say no to him, afraid that if I end up doing this, I'll be alone.

Daniel smiles comfortingly at me and goes inside first, and I follow right behind. I look around the interior, feeling strange, because in front of my eyes I have all the moments when Nate greeted me at the door, and on the way to the bedroom we undressed, kissing. I wince at the thought of it and bite the inside of my cheek, catching up with Daniel.

"I'm going to the bathroom, wait for me." He said, walking down the corridor to the right. I sigh loudly, feeling bad about being here.

I'm sure I'll get away from here quickly, and Daniel won't resist, because he knows how awful it is here for me. I walk deeper into the corridor so as not to run into people entering the building and close my eyes, leaning against the wall. I stand like this for a while, hoping that I will magically disappear or Daniel will return and decide to take me away from this place.

Suddenly I smell someone's perfume, and a second later hands on the wall on two sides of my head. Before I have time to open my eyes, I feel lips on mine. And I know those lips. I know who is he and I really wish it was Charles, but it is not. I don't reciprocate the kiss, pushing the boy away from me, who looks at me with a smile.

"I thought you had forgotten my existence, Maxie." He whispers, looking at me intently. I used to like it when he called me that. Now I hate it, because a voice in my head screams that only Charles can talk like that. "But I'm glad you're here." He adds, placing his hands on my hips and pushes my body against his so violently that when our crotches meet and I moan uncontrollably.

He starts kissing me again, and my strong will and voices about the Ferrari driver go away. Something squeezes my heart, giving me a breath of love, as if testing me to see if I will wait or let go. And for a moment I hesitate, but finally give in and reciprocate the kiss. The man takes a step back again and my back hits the wall. He slides his hands under my shirt as I begin to unbutton his shirt. I sigh into his mouth as he bites my lip and I feel him smiling, satisfied that I haven't ended what should end over long ago between us.

"No, Nate..." I move my face away from his, interrupting the kiss as he begins to lead me toward the stairs. "I don't want to..." I say, although it must look funny, because when, ignoring my words, he returns to kissing my lips, I reciprocate. "Nate..." I mumble between kisses.

"Hush, baby, I'll take care of you." he whispers, trailing kisses down my neck. I sigh, tilting my head back and closing my eyes.

Suddenly I see Charles' face in mine imagination. His beautiful green eyes. Brown strands of hair falling on his forehead. Full, pink lips. A Ferrari T-shirt and full of bracelets from fans on his hand. His smile, his perfect face, I hear his laughter and feel it all come back again, reaffirming to me that I won't be able to do anything with someone else. I love him too much, and that may be a mistake, but at this point I couldn't do otherwise. I push Nathaniel away from me, who looks at me confused, and I feel disgusted at myself for starting to kiss him at all, even though I'm not in a relationship with Charles. Suddenly the thought of having to kiss him again makes me want to vomit. The fear of loneliness that blinded my eyes has fled, so I look at this situation soberly and know that the boy will not replace my Charles. I no longer feel sexually attracted to him at all, although I thought otherwise.