Syndicho- Coffe Shops

Tom seethed behind his fake smile. He was going to murder this man he decided. About ten minutes ago he was standing behind the coffee shop counter during a lull and a man with brown hair and eyes came in. Tom smiled and and welcomed the new costumer to their shop. The other returned the smile and looked back at the menu above Tom's head.

"Any questions?" Tom asked after a good two minutes of the man staring in silence.

"Uh, I have no idea what this means. I just want a coffee dude." The man sighed and looked at Tom finally. Tom noted to himself how attractive the guy was before answering.

"A coffee? What kind?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. I just said I didn't understand the menu."

"Wait here." Tom said and went to grab cup sizes. "Which size."

"Um, that one I guess." He answered and pointed at the middle one.

"Now pick a kind of coffee." Tom prompted.

"What's the difference between them?"

"More or less concentrated. More or less straight sugar."

"I really don't know." The guy sighed again.

"You have to know something."

"But I don't. I've never been here before."

"Please just pick a type of drink."

"Why don't you pick for me? Yeah you work here you'll know right?" The man suddenly got excited.

"Fine. I'll pick your coffee. Just... I'll be back with it in a minute." Tom punched his favorite type into the cash register and took the money from the costumer. He made the drink and quickly got it back to the man. He loitered around the counter, waiting for his drink to cool before taking a sip.

"This is actually really good! Thanks man." The other guy took a few extra dollars from his pocket and put them in the tip jar with a wink. He went to sit at a nearby table. Tom went into the back and grabbed a washcloth to clean the tables. He avoided conversation from the customer for a while until he started cleaning a nearby table.

"My name's Tucker by the way. Thanks again."

"Don't worry, it's my job. It's Tom though."

"Nice to meet you Tom. Glad you could take the time to explain for a first timer like me."

Damn this guy is so cocky, Tom thought. The lit in his voice was making him seem like he was mocking Tom.

"It was tougher than it seemed, you must have a thicker skull." Tom muttered as he passed by. Tucker burst out laughing and Tom was shocked, that was supposed to be an insult.

"Wow, you're hilarious." Tucker said with a smile in his direction.

"You don't seem to understand humor, that wasn't funny." Tom chastised.

"You're face is great when it's all scrunched up in anger." Tucker was still chuckling.

"Are you seriously hitting on me dude?" Tom spun around to face Tucker.

"Uh, sorry if you don't, ya know, swing that way..." Tucker stood up and looked away from Tom. "I'll go now..."

Tom reached out to grab his hand. "No wait. I never said I didn't like it." Tom dug a pen out of the the pocket on his apron. He scrawled his number on Tucker's arm. Tucker looked at him in shock before a smile grew on his face.

"Thanks, I'll text you later then."

"Of course you will." Tom said and winked at Tucker. With that he turned on his heel and sashayed his way back to the counter, swinging his hips slightly. Tucker collected himself the best he could and walked out of the small coffee shop, the bell above the door chiming softly.