Syndisparklez- You Color my World

We met four years ago today. Of course we had talked online before that and even scyped each other, but the first day we touched was like being born again.

---------------------------------

"Hey man, good to finally meet you in person!" Tom laughed and stuck his hand out to shake. I responded and grasped his hand.

"Yeah, you too du-"

The world erupted in color as our fingers touched. Tom's eyes were a dark unrecognizable color and as I looked around I realized that everything had changed from shades of black and white to odd 'color' I supposed everyone who found their soulmate talked about. My gaze found Tom again and he was staring at me with a shocked expression.

"A-are we...?" Tom stuttered and I nodded back.

"Did your vision change too?"

"Yeah, this must be color..." He trailed off again. I looked down to see we were still holding hands. I pulled my hand away and blushed profusely. He shuffled his feet a bit and looked down. I'd always noticed how attractive Tom was, but I forced myself not to get attached because I didn't know who my soulmate was. Now that the man I was crushing on was officially my soulmate, I was unsure what to do next.

"Want to get out of here and get coffee or something? Ya know, talk in person more?" He asked me. I smiled and nodded. We walked close the whole way there, our hands slightly brushing against each other's. We relaxed into each other's company soon after, both marveling at how amazing the world looked with colors. At the coffee shop we laughed at each other while flicking the empty coffee creamers at the other's face. Tom managed to convince me to walk up to a couple and ask them what every color in the store was called. They tiered of my game and quickly made up an excuse to leave. I walked back to the table to see Tom laughing at me.

"You look adorable with your cheeks like that." He said, blushing.

I was confused. "Like what?"

"I don't know the color, but they're colorful." He said. "You want to take a selfie to commemorate the colors?"

"Sure." I answered. He took the picture and we both smiled, seeing our first color picture.

-----------------------

"Tooooom!" I sung, knocking on his and Tucker's door. There was shuffling inside and Tom threw open the door with the biggest smile I had ever seen. What a dork. I kissed his cheek and swept past him into the house.

"Guess what day it is Tom?"

"Hmmm let me think. Could it possibly be our one year anniversary of our color day?" Tom said tapping his chin in fake concentration.

"Ding, ding, ding!! Color day!" I yell back. Tucker emerged from the next room and smiled at us.

"Keep it down will you? Other people live here too." He opened up his arms for a hug. "Happy anniversary, color day, what ever you call it as well."

We both hugged him briefly and I put my arm around Tom as we moved back.

"Thanks man. We're going to get out of your hair now, see you later." I told him. He gave us a thumbs up and walked back to the other room. I had almost closed the door when I heard him call out, 'be safe kids' at us. We both laughed and climbed into my car. We drove for a while chatting idly, then Tom turned on the radio and we sand badly together the rest of the way. I wondered how I was so lucky to get this amazing idiot in my life. Something in the universe was definitely working in my favor.

"We're here." I turned down the volume and unlocked the doors. Grabbed the blanket in the back I led the way to a flat area in front of the car.

"It's the tallest place nearby that I could drive us to. Sorry it's not much." I apologized and spread the blanket on the ground. Tom's eyes were glued to the horizon though, where the sun was just beginning to set over the sprawling city. He sniffled and sat down next to me, leaning into my side.