𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝚈 𝙾𝙽𝙴

"ms

"ms. willams experienced what's known as an ectopic pregnancy." the doctor explained.

"a what?" malik asked.

"it means that the fertilized egg implanted outside of the uterus, usually in one of the fallopian tubes as we have here. its usually detected within the first trimester. so unfortunately, this was not a viable pregnancy, and it could've be life-threatening for ms. willams if it were left untreated."

"you mentioned she uh...underwent surgery...last night?" i asked.

"yes, the surgery was necessary to remove the ectopic pregnancy and prevent further complications. the embryo was growing in the fallopian tube, which cannot support a pregnancy and could have ruptured, causing severe internal bleeding. it was a great thing she came in before that happened."

"she goin' to be okay?"

"yes, she's stable now. we were able to remove the ectopic pregnancy and address any internal damage. with proper care, ms. willams should recover well physically, but emotionally, she may need support during this difficult time. we'll do everything we can to support her recovery. if you have any more questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask."

"thank you" i whispered, feeling a lil...i don't even know.

"you're welcome, you're free to go in whenever you're ready" he nodded then motioned for the door before walking away, his intern scurrying away after him.

i looked at malik who just stared at me straight-faced, no fucks given. i know he couldn't care less about kyah or the baby, but a lil bit of sympathy during this time would be great. just a thought.

"i'm gonna...go in" i said before pointing to the door which he mostly stood in front of.

it wasn't really me telling him not to, but more so that i knew he didn't care to be here so he didn't have to if he didn't want to.

he nodded then stepped aside, making way for me.

i took a deep breath then adjusted my grip on the bouquet of flowers i held along with the teddy bear before approaching the door.

after three gentle knocks just to announce my presence, i gripped the door handle and walked in. surpsingly–but not really since he was holding the balloons–i felt malik's presence right behind me, but enough distance away so that it wasn't sus.

again, to my surprise–only because i really wasn't expecting them, the room was filled with her family members. not family members as in her rich aunts, drunk pervy uncles, lame cousins, and snob-nosed neices and nephews. just her mom, god-mother, grandmother and of course devon. then right by her side, crystal.

as if it wasn't already bad enough that i was the one who technnically landed her in this position, i was also the last person to be in the room when i arguably should've been one of the first. at least that'd be the case had we chosen to actually have the kid.