𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝚃𝚆𝙾

"and

"and...done"

soon after the whirring sound of the tattoo gun came to a stop and was pulled away.

"that shit tough" malik said, lookin' at it.

it truly was. i was honestly nervous 'bout gettin' a tattoo from someone other than my usual guy, 'cus in my mind it's kinda like cheatin' on your barber. but this dude did his shit i'm not gon' lie.

malik brought his own forearm next to mine, lining up our now matching tattoos.

and i know what you're thinking, but no, i am not dickmatized—okay maybe just a lil bit. but malik and i were been supposed to get matching tattoos since we were like 16. we just never could agree on one singular tattoo we wanted. then when we did decide on one, we never really had the time. we made an appointment last december but my guy had to cancel 'cus he had an emergency surgery. so don't blame the dick, this was going to happen anyways.

now maybe the specific tattoo we chose, wouldn't have been the same if we went through with the appointment in december. that being the hands of the creation of adam. he had one half of the piece and i had the other. when they lined up, you could tell what it was entirely meant to be.

we chose the creation of adam because it symbolizes a deep connection and shared values, emphasizing the idea of two souls coming together—which is exactly what happened last night. the image itself portrays the touch of god giving life to adam, which to us reflects the idea of supporting each other's growth and aspirations in our relationship—whatever status that is.

also by the way, i made all that bullshit up, we just thought it looked cool. but let's go with the first meaning.

"i'm glad you like it" the artist said, beginning his process to clean and bandage it up

after we were done malik paid for both tattoos—despite me insisting to pay for my own. it's whatever though, i'll cover dinner for us.

which speaking of, this morning when we woke up—or more so this afternoon—malik had gotten a DM from one of the guys he'd met at the party last night, the one he was talking to. he invited us out to dinner with him and his boyfriend, i guess, while we're all still out here in virginia.