Chapter XXXIV

'The sun also rises'
Episode 21, season 2
| Part I |

:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:

Outside the Grill........................

He just stood there. The half smile, half smirk still plastered on his face. It was unfair how unaffected he looked while I was barely able to keep the shock off my face.

"W-what?", I manage to stutter out.

His smirks falters a bit. "Don't tell me I'm the only one feeling it.", he crosses his arms as he chuckles.

"Y-you can actually feel it?", I question in a mix of shock and amazement. Never, and I mean never, could a non-fairy feel the pull this quick. It was difficult enough for me to even sense it, let alone to feel it this strong and solid within seconds.

Al I got for an answer was another, stupidly handsome, smirk.

"Now, it pains me to say this...", I look in horror as he furrows his eyebrows. Actual hurt coating his face. "-But I have to cut this meeting short."

He hesistates, rocking a bit on his feet before he comes to a decision.

"Don't hate me for this.", he mutters.

I hum in question, but the sound got stuck in my throat as he suddenly steps towards me, pressing his lips to my forehead.

Sparks. That's all I could feel at the moment. Tiny little eruptions of electricty coarsing through my body. All from his touch.

My eyes close subconsciously as I lose myself in the feeling. But as quick as the sparks came did they stop.

My eyes open immediately, but instead of seeing the green sea eyes I was staring at before I was welcomed with nothing.

"Oh.... That little shit.", I curse under my breath.

When I went after him, all that was on my mind was the pull I felt. But as I stood I front of him and knew it was true, well, I had a sudden, innocent idea. The least I could do was keep him busy, earn some more time for Elena before he, you know, drains her of her blood. Maybe even use the pull between us to my advantage.

But it seemed he used my own plan on me... and left me in the dust.

•••••••••

Somewhere in the woods................

A long way away, somewhere deep in the woods, the doppleganger and an innocent were sitting on the ground, among the twigs and leaves.

"Oh, my head. What's wrong with me?", Jenna questions as she clutches her head.

"Do you remember what happened?", Elena asks gently.

Jenna blinks, her face still scrunched in pain but she managed. "You called me. You were so scared. Oh, ah, I should have realized that it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me. A vampire."

"Klaus. It was Klaus.", Elena gasps as she comes to the realization.

"He made me drink his blood. And I don't...I don't remember anything after that.", Jenna anxiously looks around her. "Where are we? What happened?"