It's as if the walls are talking to him.

They're closing in.

Laughing at him.

Mocking him.

Pitying him.

And they start talking again.

"No one cares."

"They care," his brain was shouting. "They're just busy with their own sorrows."

"You're too naive. We never cared."

Two voices that shouldn't be shouting what they are right now.

Two voices that melt together as if the devil is talking out of them.

Two voices he wouldn't recognize if they weren't his parents'.

"We could give less fucks if you did this."

He stumbled back.

His butt hit the floor and as did his sanity.

"This is your choice."

He breathed in.

And out.

He can do this.

"I can do it," a weak voice left his lips and he stared at the bottle.

"Do it, Seonghwa."

He opened the cap.

"No one cares, remember that."

And he knew that if anyone really cared, he wouldn't have sat there, a pill bottle in his hand and shaking to get a handful of them out to take.

He looked at the pills as each of them fell into his hand, some even falling from it onto the ground.

And he was glad.

For once he was glad that no one cared as he took his furiously shaking hand and led it towards his mouth and...

...and that's all he can remember as he stares at the white ceiling, the stinging smell of disinfectant making him scrunch his nose.

The beeping next to his ear really, really annoys him.

And he knows he can just stand up and go for a walk, the nurse told him so a few hours earlier.

She also said that there was someone wanting to see him but he doubts that the person is still here.

A minimal part of his heart hopes that this someone is family.

An even smaller part hopes it's the one who turned away a few years back.

But he knows, there's no point in hoping.

Because this someone is probably gone by now.

And whoever comes to his mind, he doubts this person really is who he kind of hopes they are.

Really, he gave up hoping it's his parents the second they crossed his mind a few minutes ago.

Carefully, he stands up and pulls on his shirt and sweatpants, not caring to take a jacket as he puts on his shoes and leaves the room.