𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: Feeling Awkward II

Začít od začátku

Was it rude not to respond? It may have looked like he was busy living his new life... Renjun didn't know, but he avoided it as the problems inside the house had to remain there. That was a rule every omega had to follow. They weren't the heads of their houses but were the guardians who had to keep everything neat and perfect, even if these were just an illusion.

But there were occasions when sometimes omegas could or had to share information further than their territory. Renjun heard about a few cases when bad alpha mates hurt their perfect omegas, especially those who had golden plates and were sold for high prices. They could call once to ask for a relationship psychologist, but if they were pregnant, the alphas were punished. Of course, Renjun's situation was way different. He wasn't experiencing any violence, but his alpha didn't want him and didn't even talk to him. If that was the reason, shouldn't he contact Aquamarine House to seek help?

But wouldn't that lower his value? What if Lady Brixil decided that returning him was the best choice? Would Renjun get a bad review just because he couldn't match the alpha's expectations? The omega knew how much bad reviews affected the chance to be bought again. If that ever happened, Renjun's value would drop not precisely because he lacked something, but mostly because another alpha had him before the other one. It wouldn't matter if Renjun were untouched and still very pure. Alphas loved to be the first one to own an omega.

He decided to stay quiet and didn't try to contact anyone. Instead, he spent late evenings alone in his bedroom, checking his notebooks and highlighting what he should do to gain Jeno's trust. He wanted the alpha to acknowledge him for his skills. After all, Renjun got 100 points for the cooking and cleaning exam. He was a specialist and could be way better than Jaemin. Alongside that, he was also good at ironing—he got 99 points on the ironing exam. Jeno would be a fool if he didn't acknowledge it.

As he reached the last page of one of his notebooks, Renjun sighed and went to the drawer to get more. That was when he found a little binder his caretaker gave him before he could leave Aquamarine House. A few days ago, the omega just briefly glanced at it. The binder seemed to have old and new articles from various magazines. Every topic was about alphas and omegas—quite valid, though Renjun didn't recognize any magazines, which meant they weren't really for omegas. But the beta woman knew what was suitable for omegas and what wasn't, so Renjun took it and tried to seek information.

The first article was about a cold alpha's behavior that he was getting at that exact moment. The boy read that alphas usually were cold to omegas because they didn't know how to behave with them. There was a reminder that many alphas need time to realize that they need a mate, and when they buy one, they feel lost about what they should do with them. The solution to that—and Renjun hated it—was to wait for the mating time, "relationship-building time" for a reason. The author of the article claimed that only after mating do alphas become more trusting of their omegas and open.

Renjun wasn't sure if that was really about it, but Jeno was as cold as, the author claimed, many alphas, so maybe there was truth in here? Well, the omega didn't tend to believe it, especially when he didn't know the author as it was a torn page of the magazine he must've never touched in his life. What if it wasn't suitable for him?

He continued reading the articles, however. The titles were promising each time, but the moment he read further, Renjun felt like he read something he shouldn't. For instance, there was an article explaining how to kiss. The omega had never kissed, and reading how to do it made him shy. Was it necessary to know? Didn't alphas like it more when omegas don't know how to do it?

After a few more triggering articles, Renjun stumbled upon a piece of paper. After mating. The omega didn't quite catch what it meant—was it the necessary information he needed to know what happened during the mating process and how to take care of oneself after the process, or was there something more? In curiosity, the omega flipped another page, and his face instantly flushed as he saw graphic instructions on how to...