Xander's head was the first that popped up, his eyes wide in excitement.

"Gifts?" He squeaked. Louis nodded and smiled pushing his plate away to put the stuff on the table.

"Weeell, I got some clothes for you guys first." He showed the boys each of there outfits, pulling back his seat to hold it out. Both were consisted of a pair of skinny jeans, sneakers and a graphic tee.

Xander stood up from his seat and took his clothes, his face bright and exhilarated meanwhile Nolan got up and smiled, gratefully taken the clothes from Louis hands.

"Thanks, dad," He muttered and Louis felt his heart burst with pride.

"Thanks daddy!" Xander plopped on Louis lap and hugged the life outnof him.

"Okay, baby." Louis patted his back softly, chuckling. "Thats not all though. I got the toy that you wanted." Louis said taking the action figure out the bag, its shiny box displaying the toy inside.

"No way!" Xander shouted in disbelief, squealing as grabbed the box out of Louis hand, his eyes lit.

"I got the right one, right?"

"Yes!" He shouted. "Thank you thank you thank you." He hugged Louis again fiercely.

"Your gift is in the bag too, Noly." Louis said to the boy sitting there examining his clothes.

"Me?" His first born bit his lip hesitantly. When he opened the bag and saw the game his eyes immediately widened and his jaw dropped.

Louis smiled softly, still gripping Xander's back as the boy bounced in his lap trying to rip open the box.

"I thought you said I was grounded," Nolan's voice said small.

"I know, but I saw in the store and thought you would like it." Louis replied. "That doesn't mean you're gonna play it right away, though."

"Thank you so much," Nolan stood up and wrapped his arms around Louis. It was a weird position because Xander was in bis lap already but Louis heart soared nevertheless and he felt an overwhelming amount of happiness clog his senses. He loved his kids so much it hurts.

"And I'm uh, sorry for throwing the phone at you this morning," Nolan muttered meaningfully, his bright blue eyes sincere. "I shouldn't have cursed and you were right for taking it away."

Louis felt his eyes gloss over as emotions clouded his vision. Nolan was way too mature for his age. "Aw baby," He ruffled his blonde hair and smiled watery. "You know I love you and Xander, right?"

Nolan nodded silently in response. Louis gazed into his son's blue eyes and stroked his cheek. "You guys are always number one, but you're the older one and sometimes I need you to help. You knew better than to curse in front of Xander. He practically picks up anything he hears or sees."

"I know," He whispered silently. "I swear it'll never happen again, dad."

"Good," Louis beamed. "You boys should finish up eating. I gotta call your father to remind him he's taking you guys to his tonight." He stood up slowly, letting Xander slide off his lap.

"Are we sleeping over?" Nolan asked as Louis cleared the dishes from the table.

"Yeah. Since today's Friday you guys can sleepover and then hang out with him tomorrow. He'll drop you back off tomorrow night."

"Okay," Nolan shrugged. "Can I bring my new clothes?"

"I don't think so. Who knows where the hell your father's taking you guys or if he'll just keep you inside. You should save it," Louis said. He couldn't depend on the asshole to do something for his own kids. It was sad enough he had to call Drew to remind him not to forget.