Chapter 8 - Heizou

Start from the beginning

"Using the word 'coincidence' makes things sound like they were meant to be. The two of us meeting each other is really the culmination of every choice and move we've made up to this point." Heizou explains. "So what I'm trying to say is... our destiny is something we choose."

"Ah, I see what you're saying." The girl responds as her waitress came back with two glasses of water. "Thank you, kind sir." Her friend says, grabbing both drinks from the waitress and passing the glass of water to the (h/c) haired girl.

"So, you haven't told me your name yet." The girl suggests. "Shikanoin Heizou," He says, as the girl's eye slightly twitched. "Heard of me before, I presume?"

"Oh, not at all — my first time hearing the name." Her eyes widen, filled with fake innocence. Well, that's a lie, judging by her body language. "That's alright. And you and your friend?"

The girl turns around, (seemingly forgetting that her friend was there,) meeting her friends curious gaze. "Right, this is—" The girl began, but was interrupted by her friend. "Koboyashi Kanna, nice to meet you." She greets Heizou with a friendly smile resting on her face.

"Koboyashi..." Heizou mumbles. "Do you happen to have a brother?"

"Yes, his name is Hikaru. Why do you ask?"

"Well I believe I've met him during the festival."

"Oh, I remember. He had a yap session about how cool you were when he got home that night. It was really annoying."

"I'll take that as a compliment."

Heizou looks at the (h/c) haired girl, signaling for her turn. "Uhm. Well, the name is (l/n) (y/n). Nice to meet you — again." She says, as Heizou grins. "Well, (l/n), mind if I call you (y/n) instead?"

"I don't really give two shits. Do whatever makes you happy, I guess." (Y/n) monotonously says. "Here you go sir," The waitress says while approaching Heizou's table and placing his steaming hot udon noodles in front of him. "Enjoy!"

Heizou lightly smiles at the waitress, picking up his chopsticks and mixing his noodles around as the waitress walks over to (y/n) and Kanna. "May I take you ladies' orders?" She asks. "Oh my gosh, yes please! I'm literally dying of starvation here." Kanna whines.

Heizou ignores their conversation while the two girls ordered their food and picks up the case files. He hasn't looked at them fully yet, so he had hope that is was a big case full of a lot of mysteries. Heizou swiftly scans through brief summary of the case.

Like Madam Kujou said, it was just a case about stole medicine from various medical buildings. It seemed like who ever was behind this rotated between 3 medical buildings, and only stole one rare type of medicine. There wasn't much information or big leads to start off with; apparently no one knows who's stealing medicine, nor when they're stealing it.

Hmm, seems like a fun case to solve. Heizou smirks at the thrill of the thought. "Is that the case you're working on?" (Y/n) asks with slight excitement in her voice while peeking over Heizou's shoulder to see. "Yeah, but no one can really look at the files, they're kind of private." (Y/n) frowns disappointedly. "Oh..."

"But I'll let you take a small peek, I won't be able to resist not seeing a smile on your face." Heizou quickly says, handing over to the case files to (y/n) and casually slurping on his noodles.

She slowly examines it, carefully reading though the brief paragraph and all the details. Her brows slightly furrowed, paired along with narrowed eyes.

"Huh, seems pretty interesting." (Y/n) smiles, passing Heizou the files. "Maybe I can tag along with you to help out."

"That'd be nice, having a fun case to solve and a dreamy girl to help me with it. Hmm, I wouldn't mind the help." Heizou states, smirking at (y/n). "But my superior might not let you help out. She's... quite the serious person."

A brief moment of silence occurs as Heizou thinks of a comprise to let (y/n) tag along with him. "How about you tag along with me for just today, and then tomorrow we can ask my superior if you can help out!" Heizou exclaims.

"Sure, I think I'm free tomorrow." (Y/n) replies as another waitress come back with (y/n)'s And Kanna's food.

~>>>>>>>>>>~<<<<<<<<<<~

"Man, that was a good meal." Kanna says, satisfied with her full stomach as the three of them all walked around the streets of Inazuma city. "Yeah, they have pretty good food there." (Y/n) agrees. Heizou stays quiet, still ponder about his assigned case.

"Well I've got to go now, (y/n)."

"Oh okay, bye Kanna!" (Y/n) side hugs Kanna before waving goodbye as Kanna starts to head towards the crowds of the streets.

"Bye Kanna," Heizou calls out to her.

"Bye (y/n), bye Shikanoin!" Kanna waves goodbye, and disappears into the crowds.

"So, are you still up for investigating the case, (y/n)?" Heizou asks. "Of course! I dont't think I haven't anything else to do today anyways." She replies with excitement. "Alright then, let's go!" Heizou grins, gently grasping (y/n)'s hand, and softly pulling her along the pathway towards one of the medical building locations.